Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new CC CL not what I want - disappointed

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: new CC CL not what I want - disappointed

Again, I don't know that a third card will do that much more for you in terms of mortgage approval, and it's more important to not rock the boat for your mortgage future. As I suggested, try posting this question over on mortgages and see if anyone has had problems or success in getting a mortgage with clean but modest revolving credit. I really don't think this is a problem, but it would help to hear from those who have recently gone through this.

And no, I don't believe that most mortgage lenders shy away from high total revolving CL. It's just that once in a blue moon, someone reports that their lender wanted them to close some cards, and we usually tell them to take their business elsewhere. These are very much the exceptions.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.