Did you mean: 

new FNBO 2% card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: new FNBO 2% card

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:
So it's like Amex BCE? You only can redeem 25 dollar increments? That's obnoxious.

Actually, thats rather good.

Other than Blispay, the lowest redemption amount among 2% cash back cards is $25 (Citi Double Cash).

And with the free Experian FICO bankcard score, SP CLI requests every 4 months if you call and ask, its not a bad deal.

thanks! i didn't know that you can request SP CLI with citi DC at this frequency. 

edit: btw is FNBO a good lender to do business with? are they prime or sub? are they comparable with the usual prime cards? how are they with SL? SP CLI? which CB do they pull from? sorry im newb but the 2% offering piqued my interest.

thanks in advance!

Message 11 of 16
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yeah, the whole "have to redeem specific amounts of $25 or $50" etc is just a pain and designed to make you leave rewards behind so that the effective payout is less. I'd pass on this, considering Double Cash will let you claim your full 2% once you are above $25 with no headache. Just not seeing much advantage with this product, unless you want FNBO over Citi or something.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:
So it's like Amex BCE? You only can redeem 25 dollar increments? That's obnoxious.

Other than Blispay, the lowest redemption amount among 2% cash back cards is $25 (Citi Double Cash).

And with the free Experian FICO bankcard score, SP CLI requests every 4 months if you call and ask, its not a bad deal.

thanks! i didn't know that you can request SP CLI with citi DC at this frequency. 

edit: btw is FNBO a good lender to do business with? are they prime or sub? are they comparable with the usual prime cards? how are they with SL? SP CLI? which CB do they pull from? sorry im newb but the 2% offering piqued my interest.

thanks in advance!

My experience with FNBO (different card) has been fine. Good but not great customer service, free Experian bankcard score, SP CLI available every 3-6 months (but you have to call; website CLI is hardpull). Their offerings are all over the place so can't call them a prime/subprime lender.

They pull EX and sometines EQ or TU depending on your location

Message 13 of 16
jwduke
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

thanks in advance!

My experience with FNBO (different card) has been fine. Good but not great customer service, free Experian bankcard score, SP CLI available every 3-6 months (but you have to call; website CLI is hardpull). Their offerings are all over the place so can't call them a prime/subprime lender.

They pull EX and sometines EQ or TU depending on your location

They have turned out to be my BEST bank card company... I have $52K in cred line between 2 cards with them. One is at 6.99% (AMEX) and other is Visa at 11.99%. They are a little conservative at first, but get VERY generous as time goes. They are really my "Don't leave home without it" card!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 16
galahad15
Valued Contributor

I have also had a very good exp. with FNBO, and have been very pleased with them.  I have 3 cards with them, all rewards cards (6.50% V Amex with 1.5% cashback, 11.25% V BucksBack VISA with 2% cashback, and 11.24% V Maximum Rewards VISA with 1% rewards).  They have also been very generous with SP CLIs -- for example, I got a CLI boost across my 3 cards with them over the past year of about $9k.  I have nothing but praise for them  Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@galahad15 wrote:

I have also had a very good exp. with FNBO, and have been very pleased with them.  I have 3 cards with them, all rewards cards (6.50% V Amex with 1.5% cashback, 11.25% V BucksBack VISA with 2% cashback, and 11.24% V Maximum Rewards VISA with 1% rewards).  They have also been very generous with SP CLIs -- for example, I got a CLI boost across my 3 cards with them over the past year of about $9k.  I have nothing but praise for them  Smiley Happy

Yeah if you were able to get that 1.5%/6.5% APR Amex special they had... was stuck during the mortgage process, I would've adored getting that card and I wouldn't have cared who it was with TBH Smiley Happy.

FBNO has been a pretty righteous lender over the years from all the anecdotal stories here, if they had an offer I was interested in I wouldn't hesitate to apply personally.

        
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.