Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new account with Helzberg Diamonds

tag
O-day
New Contributor

new account with Helzberg Diamonds

So i was getting my girlfriend a birthday present at helzberg and the lady asked if i wanted to apply for a store credit card and get 18 months interest free. so i did! approved for 2750.00 CL! my largest credit line yet! too bad its a store card Smiley Sad

just wanted to share because this was all made possible because of you guys <3 Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
mross1080
Established Contributor

Re: new account with Helzberg Diamonds

@O-day wrote:

So i was getting my girlfriend a birthday present at helzberg and the lady asked if i wanted to apply for a store credit card and get 18 months interest free. so i did! approved for 2750.00 CL! my largest credit line yet! too bad its a store card Smiley Sad

just wanted to share because this was all made possible because of you guys <3 Smiley Happy

Congrats! Who underwrites for them? Great limit!

Message 2 of 13
MachoMarkSaavge
Valued Member

The Helzberg Diamonds credit card is offered and administered by HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A. (HSBC). You are on HSBC's web site throughout the application process and HSBC's Privacy Notice, and Web Site Terms and Conditions apply.HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A. will use specific credit criteria to evaluate your application for credit. In general, prior bankruptcy, multiple major derogatory credit histories (e.g., foreclosure, repossessions, tax liens, prior charge offs, etc.), or other negative financial information may decrease the likelihood of credit approval.

Message 3 of 13
O-day
New Contributor

GUESS WHO? HSBC Smiley Sad how ironic is it that i have this limit if 2750 and my best buy rwrdzn mastercard has a 300 CL and a 79 AF??? what seems to be the problem here?

Message 4 of 13
mross1080
Established Contributor

Im not really a big fan of HSBC. I had a orchard bank secured as a builder and kicked it to the curb and currently have a BBRZMC and really hate that I even bothered apping for it. But thats a great limit they must have very different underwriting guidlines for this card then there other sub par products.

Message 5 of 13
O-day
New Contributor

Thats wat i figured. my best buy card isnt going to last for long. Come the end of feb 2011 im calling and going to close unless they give me a 1000 CL and waive the AF. we will see what their response will be.

Message 6 of 13
mross1080
Established Contributor

I got a crap 300 dollar limit but no annual fee. I havent used it and am going to see how long it takes to close due to no usage. I really dont need the limit to help util. Now you have somewhere to get her a christmas present too.Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 13
O-day
New Contributor

lol i know i know, i might get myself a nice present, they have some nice watches as well! ill get her something from walmart Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your Best Buy credit card that you had a limit for $300 was probably an offer to "help restore your credit" those cards do not give you the ability to increase the limit...EVER...I fell for the same thing, but just canceled the card, because that limit is a little ridiculous for Best Buy of all places (granted you can spend it elsewhere, but it is recommended to stay under half your limit to keep a good score, so in reality you should only use $150). If a card is not ever eligible for a limit increase, I don't see how it can help improve your credit rating in the long run.

Message 9 of 13
kjm79
Valued Contributor

I too had the BBRZ MC, mine had the $500 limit that never grew, no AF though.  I closed it after a couple years and then applied for the BB Store Card and was approved with a starting limit of $1200.  Couple days later I hit the CLI button and it was bumped to $1750.  It's now at $2900.  Opened in July 2011. 

HSBC is now under the Cap! umbrella though so who knows what kind of changes are in store. 

Congrats on the Helzberg approval!!!! 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.