Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new cards and app spree advice

tag
Hubcapjw
Contributor

new cards and app spree advice

I need some advice on an app spree coming up. I want a apple Barclay card cause I need a new computer so this was the app I was gonna do first. Then I want to do chase, discover it, citi dividend, amex delta, and USAA. In what order should I do the spree?

My current scores are in the low 700s.

Current cards:

Cap 1 $750/100 13 months old

Cap1 500/4  8 months old

Express 250/0 7 months old

Only baddie is a judgment from 2007 $1400

All on time payments and 0 lates.

Also, should I apply for these cards all at the same time?

Thank you in advance to all that respond.

Jeff

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: new cards and app spree advice

Yes all at once in order:

Barclay

Discover

Citi

Chase

Amex

USAA

Message 2 of 14
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

I was wondering about this too... if you're going to apply for a few new cards, is it best to get them all in the same day so the inquiries don't post before your answers come back? 

It makes sense, but having never applied for more than two cards in a 48 hour period, I've never seen it first-hand. Smiley Happy 

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 3 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Each one you apply for after the first IF they pull same credit report they will see bit yes much better to apply in sale day because they won't see the accounts approved
Message 4 of 14
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
Each one you apply for after the first IF they pull same credit report they will see bit yes much better to apply in sale day because they won't see the accounts approved

It really does work too and that's what I did for my latest app spree! I was really skeptical of trying to do that until I read some posts on a blog about getting airline points and how the guy would do the same thing and get a lot of approvals. Hopefully in about 7-8 months, I'll try that with three specific cards that I really want to get and see what happens.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 5 of 14
parakleet
Valued Contributor

@NoAnchoviesPlease wrote:

I was wondering about this too... if you're going to apply for a few new cards, is it best to get them all in the same day so the inquiries don't post before your answers come back? 

It makes sense, but having never applied for more than two cards in a 48 hour period, I've never seen it first-hand. Smiley Happy 

I believe inquiries show up in real time.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 6 of 14
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Makes sense I guess. I'll have to look at my wish list and see who they pull. 

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 7 of 14
Hubcapjw
Contributor

One more question. Should I app for an amex charge card at the same time as the amex delta knowing it would be 1 hard pull for both cards?

Message 8 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Sure
Message 9 of 14
Tuxedo77
Contributor

Good luck!
AMEX: PRG, EDP - Citi: Double Cash WMC - Barclay's: Sallie Mae WMC, RMC - Discover: IT - Chase: Freedom
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.