Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

new cards

Just closed on my home last week credit scores were all around 700s income is 35000 plus a year. Have two cards now one with 800 paid off and the other is 1300 with only 20 left to pay on. I would like to get a chase freedom since I've read so much good stuff on and I also received a wallmart card offer in the mail and a mydiscover can anyone give me information is it better off to apply on the phone or online or in person.thanks for any help
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: new cards

I've not read any threads that there really is a difference. I applied online for mine and didn't have any issues.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Walmart I would apply in store, since your identity can be verified right then and there if there is any issues, and also if you spend $100+ you get $20 off. For me it is easier to spend $100 in the store than it is on walmart.com so that is 1 plus. 

The other two I wouldn't think there is a big difference. Same thing if you apply in branch for chase freedom, they can verify your identity, but unless you have a large deposit account with them the banker won't really be able to help you with anything. 

Message 3 of 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Apply in a branch for chase freedom. Apply on the phone for discover.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Apply in a branch for chase freedom. Apply on the phone for discover.

Whats the difference applying in branch or on the phone with Chase?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks webhopper went to chase bank got the approval for freedom with 3000 limit didnt take long at all. I'm going to call discover here in a Little
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.