Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 280
Registered: ‎05-16-2013
0

new cc tradeline question

I have a few cc TL opened in the last 2 years but all have very low limites (550 is the most, 275 the lowest).  I would like to get one with a large CL. I have been working on my credit scores and they are slowly coming up.  My TU and EX are the highest (638 last week).  Since I pulled last week I did bring my uti down on my cc accounts and received an EQ bump of 14 points but haven't repulled my TU or EX. 

 

Any suggestions on cards that would maybe pull TU or EX and qualify me for a larger amount? 




last app 11/13/2013 gardening for at least a year
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 30,826
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: new cc tradeline question

[ Edited ]

cookiebird wrote:

I have a few cc TL opened in the last 2 years but all have very low limites (550 is the most, 275 the lowest).  I would like to get one with a large CL. I have been working on my credit scores and they are slowly coming up.  My TU and EX are the highest (638 last week).  Since I pulled last week I did bring my uti down on my cc accounts and received an EQ bump of 14 points but haven't repulled my TU or EX. 

 

Any suggestions on cards that would maybe pull TU or EX and qualify me for a larger amount?

 

 

To best help you we need more info about your credit profile 

Baddies AAoA, INQ's UTL

Think GE cards would be a good fit but need more info first. Do you shop at Walmart?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 280
Registered: ‎05-16-2013
0

Re: new cc tradeline question

My AAoA is 6 years, I do have some collections that I am working on deleting, a PR that the notice to vacate was filed on Friday and 2 old FP charge off's from 2008.  I currently have 5 cc accounts, but like I said all with small limits. The 2 lowest are with Emblem and I never intended to keep those. They said from the beginning they will not do CLI.  I have had one for about 6 months and one for over a year. They were part of a rehab program.

 

 

I would love to find one that maybe only looks at TU or EX because I can afford the IQs there. I can really afford them anywhere but EQ has like 3 (one falling off in August). 

 

I had previously applied for a Ge backed card and was declined but my credit score has come up quite a bit since then (about 75 points.).  That was in Feb. Will that hurt me on trying for a GE backed card?  I do sometimes shop at Wal-mart so that would be good if they give decent limits. I am not trying to just add cc's, I want some decent limits.




last app 11/13/2013 gardening for at least a year
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 280
Registered: ‎05-16-2013
0

Re: new cc tradeline question

Forgot UTI, my UTI is high because I never had a clue about it and the effects it has until a month ago. By the time all cc's report this month I should be at 75%.  My plan is to get them down to where one is at about 9% and the rest at $0. 




last app 11/13/2013 gardening for at least a year
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 30,826
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: new cc tradeline question

[ Edited ]

cookiebird wrote:

My AAoA is 6 years, I do have some collections that I am working on deleting, a PR that the notice to vacate was filed on Friday and 2 old FP charge off's from 2008.  I currently have 5 cc accounts, but like I said all with small limits. The 2 lowest are with Emblem and I never intended to keep those. They said from the beginning they will not do CLI.  I have had one for about 6 months and one for over a year. They were part of a rehab program.

 

 

I would love to find one that maybe only looks at TU or EX because I can afford the IQs there. I can really afford them anywhere but EQ has like 3 (one falling off in August). 

 

I had previously applied for a Ge backed card and was declined but my credit score has come up quite a bit since then (about 75 points.).  That was in Feb. Will that hurt me on trying for a GE backed card?  I do sometimes shop at Wal-mart so that would be good if they give decent limits. I am not trying to just add cc's, I want some decent limits.



If scores have come up a lot you're within GE card range and yes you could apply again.

However if I were you I would hold off a few more months and work on getting the baddies off.

If you can get any of those off you would increase your chances of approval with better limits and higher scores.

GE and Barclay cards both pull TU

 

Edit UTL is way to high ...Golden rule never ever apply for any credit when UTL is that high

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Moderator Emerita
Posts: 27,204
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: new cc tradeline question

Once you get your util way down and your baddie deletes you'll have a better chance of approval. Walmart is a good start and they usually pull TU but they have recently been known to pull Ex too.
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 280
Registered: ‎05-16-2013
0

Re: new cc tradeline question

I was trying to do it now because I want to look at mortgage loans the beginning of next year and don't it to be fresh but would like a decent card by then.

 

Will they look at UTI or just the scores?




last app 11/13/2013 gardening for at least a year
Moderator Emerita
Posts: 27,204
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: new cc tradeline question

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 30,826
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: new cc tradeline question


cookiebird wrote:

I was trying to do it now because I want to look at mortgage loans the beginning of next year and don't it to be fresh but would like a decent card by then.

 

Will they look at UTI or just the scores?


Both UTL is to high

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 280
Registered: ‎05-16-2013
0

Re: new cc tradeline question

I guess I will stick to my original plan and no new cc's.




last app 11/13/2013 gardening for at least a year

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.