Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new cc with foreclosure?

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

new cc with foreclosure?

has anyone received a good credit card with a foreclosure reporting? if you don't mind sharing what was your fico score and what credit limit did you get?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Justrebuilding
Regular Contributor

Re: new cc with foreclosure?

I have a foreclosure from 08 still reporting. Cards and limits are in my siggy. Your definition of a "good card" may be different than mine though Smiley Happy

Chase Sapphire Reserve 10k Cap 1 QS 15K, Cap 1 QS 5K, Cap 1 QS 4K, Cap 1 QS 4K, GE Care Cr 7K NFCU Cash Rewards 10K Walmart 1.3K NavCheck 5K Freedom 6K Freedom 2.5K Hyatt 4K Sallie Mae 5K Barclay Rewards 3K Macy's 1K
US Airways 1.5K, Discover 8K,
Message 2 of 8
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

maybe my foreclosure hasnt aged enough. by good i mean reasonable interest and a limit of at least 2-3k. i applied for some mid level cards and got denied. one denial said debt to income and the other said status of mortgage trade.

Message 3 of 8
Justrebuilding
Regular Contributor

Tbh I'm not totally sure of my interest rates on my cards bc I always pif except on the Chase Freedom (0% intro rate). My NFCU card started at 2500 in June 2013 and has grown to 10k through sp cli. If you qualify, I highly recommend going with them. My cap one cards started between 750-1000 each and have grown through sp cli as well.

You may have to start small and work up to higher levels.

If debt to income was listed as a reason for denial- what is your util like? What else do you have on your credit (car/student loans etc) vs your income?

Chase Sapphire Reserve 10k Cap 1 QS 15K, Cap 1 QS 5K, Cap 1 QS 4K, Cap 1 QS 4K, GE Care Cr 7K NFCU Cash Rewards 10K Walmart 1.3K NavCheck 5K Freedom 6K Freedom 2.5K Hyatt 4K Sallie Mae 5K Barclay Rewards 3K Macy's 1K
US Airways 1.5K, Discover 8K,
Message 4 of 8
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

thanks. i have a few settled credit cards and few that are open and auto loan. utilization can be high sometimes because i have lower limits but i usually PIF. 

Message 5 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditDrama85 wrote:

thanks. i have a few settled credit cards and few that are open and auto loan. utilization can be high sometimes because i have lower limits but i usually PIF. 

To control your utilization pay off all but one of your cards prior to the statement cut day and let that one card repport 1-9% of its CL to get your best FICO scores possible in the utilization category. If your FC is incorrectly reporting they very well may be including it in your DTI it needs to show as a closed case and/or a settled matter.

Message 6 of 8
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

thanks i think thats the problem too. i already disputed it. one bureau totally deleted the tradeline and the other shows a past due balance. i may dispute again

Message 7 of 8
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@CreditDrama85 wrote:

has anyone received a good credit card with a foreclosure reporting? if you don't mind sharing what was your fico score and what credit limit did you get?

It may have helped that I had existing credit cards prior to foreclosure, and when reviewed by an underwriter, EVERY account was kept up to date during the foreclosure action. I bought a car while in foreclosure, and they said I had to buy the GAP coverage, but I obtained the 0% APR.

Some, but not all cards reduced credit lines during this time. I was able to get Chase and Discover to reinstate the old credit lines. Bank of America requires a HP, and Citi would only do part of it, making me come back again after six months.

I'm two years post-HAMP and have gotten new CCs from many lenders, even our friends at Barclays and TD that are rumored to be conservative.

I don't get all of the credit cards I might want, but I get enough for my needs.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.