Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new goal card

tag
PSouz
Contributor

Re: new goal card

Thanks guys, I'll look into those cards and yeah. That priceline card looks nice! Wish it had a 100 dollar sign up bonus but 50 with 2% is still pretty sweet

Amex BCE $14k (backdated to 1/11), Chase Freedom $500 (11/2012)
Discover It Student $3k (3/13), Citi Dividend Platinum Visa $3k (3/13)
Capital One Cash Rewards Visa $3.5k (3/13)
Starting Score 3/20/13 - TransUnion FICO 758 - Goal Score 800
Message 11 of 13
SuperStar3000

PSouz:

From my own experience, it seems that basic training and tech school will provide you with plenty of interesting activity, and the idea of collecting and juggling payments on even more credit cards will probably be the last thing on your mind.

Consider that you are already way ahead of the game, as the majority of new recruits will not possess even one card. 

Also - if you can wait, you will find that being in the military creates outstanding opportunities to expand your credit profile, as creditors like the stable paycheck that the service provides.  (This is also where those who are new to the sudden availability of credit, get themselves into deep financial trouble - but that is not your problem).

By the time you are done with Basic and AIT, a host of new credit products will be available, as the competition for new customers is fierce, and the credit grantors are in a constant race for market share.

For now, just focus on getting through your training - Good Luck !!!

Message 12 of 13
PSouz
Contributor

Thanks superstar, its the guard so its only part time(after my initial 11 or 12 months of training), and that's true because a lot of the new recruits are almost three years younger than me, I true 21 in June...in boot camp haha, not that some people my age don't have any credit cards, but I'm glad I started once I turned 18!

Amex BCE $14k (backdated to 1/11), Chase Freedom $500 (11/2012)
Discover It Student $3k (3/13), Citi Dividend Platinum Visa $3k (3/13)
Capital One Cash Rewards Visa $3.5k (3/13)
Starting Score 3/20/13 - TransUnion FICO 758 - Goal Score 800
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.