Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new walmart card cli odds?

tag
Sheridan
Regular Contributor

Re: new walmart card cli odds?

I had my card one month and I used chat to tell them I wanted to use the card to buy a tv. I got the increase. He only asked my annual income.
Message 11 of 18
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Hope this helps, but this is my experience with Wally.

Started with a $600 CL, called several times in first two months, with no luck.

At 2.5 Month mark received a Auto CLI.

4 months later, hit luv button for a healthy CLI. (SP)

4 months after that another CLI on luv button.

Chat and Credit Solution have been duds for me.

Your initial CL seems low now, but just use it, and make sure you create statements. It will grow like a Tax Bill.

Good Luck

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

hopefully you won't be like me and have the card for 5 years without a cli.  Of course I did go through a really rough patch and had several cc chargeoffs and they stuck with me.  So it could be worse, they could have closed the card.   I been using it and pif each month for about 3 months after keeping a pretty well maxed out balance for years.  So I;m hoping after about 6 months I'll  get one.  Because luv button and chat haven't worked for me.  

My daughter on the other hand has gone from 150 to 1150 in about a year. So keep at it and it should grow.  As im sure mine will eventually. lol

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started with $300 and its only been a few months but i didnt get a cli for the first two months. then i got small increases then 1k....stopped using the card and kept getting denied cli's using the love button so i just went to walmart and did some shopping, let the statement cut and then ask for a cli through chat. im now at 4k.  For every increase, they want too see usage. so ill use the card for a few snacks and then chat for another cli after the next statement cuts.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My history is rare , well i think lol ,  approved for walmart card last month , i wait the month and pay my first statement , when i ask for increase my balance was $300 and my line $900 , the approve a $3,500 increase  , maybe because i have history with them with amazon card , but i think the first maguc number with them is $3,000 , they never counter offer me too. 

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Talked to two different reps and even tried the automative request and all was a no go. i guess I'll try and do the chat but as far as i can see i don't think they are going to budge.
Message 16 of 18
arn0822
Valued Member

They may perceive that you are not able to sustain the payments for a  high credit limit based on your income.   I started out with a $500 limit.  I am at $3500 after only 2 statements.  I used the chat function to make the request.  I asked for a $4000 increase, I got a $3,000 increase instead.

Started establishing business credit 08/2021.
AMEX Amazon Business Prime | AMEX Lowes 4PROS| FNBO | Quill | Uline |Grainger | Floor & Decor | ExxonMobile | Capital One Sparks Business | Amazon Business Credit Net 30 | Amazon Net 55 | Office Max/Office Depot
Message 17 of 18
orestrus
Frequent Contributor

Ive had the card for 40 days, started with 300....shopped there 3 times, PIF , used chat and got bumped to 6k. Hope it helps
BofA 5k, Cap 1 Journey 300, Cap 1 QS1 300, Walmart 6k,
Amex BCE 2000, Amex PRG, Amex Delta Gold 2k, Macy's 5k, Bloomies 6k, Amazon 6k, JCP 5k Macy's Amex 1.5k,
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.