cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

newbie needs help!!!

tag
ho0pz23

newbie needs help!!!

Ok so I know my EQ is 567 and my TU is 606, I only have one credit card open and in good standing and the CL is 600 and Im looking to try and find another CC to hopefully help my credit score any ideas on what i should do???

any  advice is appreciated!
4/15/09 EQ:576 TU:615
EQ: 567 TU: 606

Starting Score: 567 b>
Current Score: 652
Goal Score: 700 club

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: newbie needs help!!!

ho0pz23 wrote:
Ok so I know my EQ is 567 and my TU is 606, I only have one credit card open and in good standing and the CL is 600 and Im looking to try and find another CC to hopefully help my credit score any ideas on what i should do???

any  advice is appreciated!

Repair, then rebuild.

Repair, then rebuild.

Repair, then rebuild.

What's holding your scores down so low? Yes, there are some cards you can get, but they're predatory and cost a fortune in fees. (How about being charged a fee to pay online? Yup.)

What's your current util?

Yes, a second (and third) card will help, but I'd advise getting your scores up to around 620 before apping, to increase the chances of getting a card that won't make you completely nuts.

If you can post back with a summary of the good, the bad, and the ugly, we might be able to help you get your scores up first.

If you haven't already, please read Understanding Your FICO ® Score and Credit Scoring 101 (at least the first post.)

These will give you the background knowledge you need to understand what you read here on the forums.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.