Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

newest marketing tool free score

tag
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

newest marketing tool free score

So it seems that the free monthly credit score is becoming the marketing tool of many cc companies.

Over the last 3 weeks I have gotten the walmart preapproval letter which we all already know does the free CR score each month.  Today I got a CreditOne (not a card i am interested in) but it came touting a free credit score each month. 

Is this the new "selling" point for many of these companies. 

Will there become a time taht everyone has card X, Y, and Z cause each one give a monthly report for one of the agencies?

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
knoregs
Established Contributor

Re: newest marketing tool free score

Hmmm, don't know but I know I'll be apping for a Walmart card this summer for the free monthly score. I don't even shop there.

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 2 of 5
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

Not sure. But I would live to pay as much as $3 a month to see my EX FICO score. That is $36 AF.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 3 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@TimeToRecover wrote:

So it seems that the free monthly credit score is becoming the marketing tool of many cc companies.

Over the last 3 weeks I have gotten the walmart preapproval letter which we all already know does the free CR score each month.  Today I got a CreditOne (not a card i am interested in) but it came touting a free credit score each month. 

Is this the new "selling" point for many of these companies. 

Will there become a time taht everyone has card X, Y, and Z cause each one give a monthly report for one of the agencies?

IMO they are all worthless unless your getting the scores from here. The majority of them are all FAKO scores unless otherwise noted by them.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 5
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Credit One is the worse of them all, it is a EX FAKO avegare of the month type.

super unaccurate... axing that dang card sooooonnn

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.