Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nfcu QUESTION...

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

nfcu QUESTION...

My cousin screwed up his NFCU account.  He was going great until the divorce.  He entered one card into a dmp...and the navcheck was closed due to his mis-handling the account.  He has, however, only 1 x 30 day late reported.

He's now back on track and has paid the navcheck 6 ontimes + 50% additional.  He's almost paid off the card in the dmp.

How forgiving will NFCU to re-open?  He will have zero debt in 12 months including mortgage.  His other small cards ( gas & firestone -2) have never had a late payment.  He's almost in a position to remove the visa from dmp and pay direct.

I've directed him to come here, but he doesn't want to spend on a smart phone or cable until he's debt free.Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: nfcu QUESTION...

@fishbjc wrote:

My cousin screwed up his NFCU account.  He was going great until the divorce.  He entered one card into a dmp...and the navcheck was closed due to his mis-handling the account.  He has, however, only 1 x 30 day late reported.

He's now back on track and has paid the navcheck 6 ontimes + 50% additional.  He's almost paid off the card in the dmp.

How forgiving will NFCU to re-open?  He will have zero debt in 12 months including mortgage.  His other small cards ( gas & firestone -2) have never had a late payment.  He's almost in a position to remove the visa from dmp and pay direct.

I've directed him to come here, but he doesn't want to spend on a smart phone or cable until he's debt free.Smiley Happy

I would say once he finishes the dmp he would have a pretty good case... from what I use to read that as long as you pay them off, they seemt to be a little bit like Amex, no pay, no card.... but who knows maybe even easier then that, I mean even Amex seemed to walk away from that policy when releasing the zync!

not going to hurt to call once his visa is back to them...

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.