Senior Contributor
imducky

nfcu breaking news!

just read a tread (at cb) by a person who said they were an nfcu employee and starting july all dod (which is all military branches) will become eligible for membership!
Established Contributor
orl2185

Re: nfcu breaking news!

I spoke to them recently and was told same thing by their csr.  They will have much more leeway after DOD members come after them by years end. Greatest CU of all. IMO

Starting Score: 621
Current Score: 784
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
imducky

ok orl question. usaa won't let my dad in (honorably discharged army) many, many years ago. how broad will the dod offer extend? will discharged vets be allowed in for a window since this is a "new" thing at navy, or will vets previously seperated be excluded, unles they are disabled/retired?
Established Contributor
orl2185

Hey ducky, he is 100% eligible... u also eligible thru his sponsorship:smileyhappy:

Rep mentioned to me that they untightening their belts when it comes to new apps for membership. After all, they know that other CUs are getting bigger and bigger  and feenig for new members. The answer is he is fine with the HD:smileyvery-happy: Not sure on your other concern though.

Starting Score: 621
Current Score: 784
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
imducky

cool! if they allow all honorably discharged vets membership that would cover the retired/disabled group as well. ok, so it looks like there may be 1 more app for a new account in my future, lol.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+