Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nfcu cc app still in review

tag
treschic
Frequent Contributor

nfcu cc app still in review

navy federal follow up.  well, i thought i applied for the nfcu flagship cc on 6/14(saturday), and when i went to check on the status the application says that its under review for the nrewards card.  well, i called back today to check to see if everything was okay if they needed any info for me.  and the csr, stated that i actually have 2 apps for the nrewards but one will be voided since its a duplicate.  i told him that i must've app'd for the wrong card, because i meant to apply for the flagship(i thought they may be more likely to approve me for the flagship).  so, he says that the approval criteria is the same for all of their cards, and the only difference is the highest credit limit- the flagship has a max cl $80k, while the nrewards has a mx cl of 50k and the flagship has an annual fee.   but, since the credit card committee doesnt work on weekends, the earliest my app wouldve been looked at was monday, and with the storm and everything, they are probably just looking at it now.  i'm wondering if i should wait for a yes/no to apply for the visa, or if i should go on ahead and apply for the visa now.  anyone have any experience in this?

i'm not worried about the inquiry, but, i'm affraid if i don't apply for the other one at the same time, that they may deny me for the visa, although they may deny me for the mc anyways.  i guess i'm just nervous, i've been a member for 5 years, and this is the first time i've ever app'd for any of their products.  i sent an email along with my app, explaining that i knew that there were some things onmy credit, and explained the situation behind them, and that they were all paid (although some haven't updated the paid status yet).  anyone have any advice? i'm sitting on pens and needles right now.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
kball64
Frequent Contributor

Re: nfcu cc app still in review

I would just be patient and wait.  I app'd for mine last Friday the 13th and received a message yesterday afternoon telling me that they received my app but they were currently backlogged with apps and that it was still pending.  This morning I got the message telling me I was approved.  You'll probably hear something later today or tomorrow. 
Message 2 of 3
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: nfcu cc app still in review

I applied for the nRewards MC first..............and the Flagship Visa about a week later. They are backed up with applicants - but well worth the wait. After shopping around I also took an auto lease with them - lowest rates I could find anywhere.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.