Frequent Contributor
jdirilo

nfcu cli request

I've got the nrewards card, had it since Sep 2012 and started at $500 limit. Now up to 5000. I've tried to get an increase twice in a month and it says my income isn't sufficient enough for what I requested, $7500. I'm putting income at 31k, with no monthly rent, so how is that not enough?! Is there a way to find out what the requirement is? I'm starting a second job and have a marketing business so my income is going up.
Frequent Contributor
blunderer

Re: nfcu cli request

This happened to me a while ago as well.  I called in to ask specifically why my request was declined and  if I remember correctly NFCU has a cap for each individual and it's mostly based on income combined with credit score.  It doesn't mean you won't qualify for other credit with them.  More importantly just a few months after they declined my CLI request, I requested an even higher CLI and was approved.  My income was the same but my credit score had increased about 30 points.

Stay encouraged.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+