cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nfcu questions.

Valued Contributor

Re: nfcu questions.


bichonmom wrote:

These last 2 posts kind of prove my point. I had higher FICO, and only got $2k. Navy told me that they use an algorithm to be fair to all members. Smiley Frustrated didn't seem so fair when people with much lower FICOs than I had were getting such higher CLs. That does seem to be the rule of thumb with them, but you can never be sure until you app.

 


what's your aaoa? have a mortgage? how much salary?

 

Your scores are much much higher than mine so I'm not sure unless they took other stuff into consideration other than FICO score alone.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Valued Contributor

Re: nfcu questions.


j_casteel wrote:

bichonmom wrote:

These last 2 posts kind of prove my point. I had higher FICO, and only got $2k. Navy told me that they use an algorithm to be fair to all members. Smiley Frustrated didn't seem so fair when people with much lower FICOs than I had were getting such higher CLs. That does seem to be the rule of thumb with them, but you can never be sure until you app.

 


what's your aaoa? have a mortgage? how much salary?

 

Your scores are much much higher than mine so I'm not sure unless they took other stuff into consideration other than FICO score alone.


Baddies: Record of bk, and 3 to 4 accounts (depending on CRA) IIB that will fall off by May 2013 (7 years).  

Scores: EQ 702, TU 674, EX 713

AAOA: EQ 6.8, TU 6.5, EX 5.4

Utilization: 15%

Inquiries: EQ 4, TU 9, EX 5 (all inq since 6/1/2012)

Income: $88K

 

Plus I have 10 new TL's from Sept 1st so I beleive that is what could have played a part in thier decision.  I was really worried about those new TL's.  That stupid shopping cart trick got me....sooooo wish I hadn't opened those.


Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Moderator Emeritus

Re: nfcu questions.

My Tu was like 764 according to the letter they sent after my application. I was approved for 22k. My income and savings (paystubs; w2s; and bank statements) was already supplied to them because of a car refinance loan so I'm sure that helped.

My husbands score was around 667 and he was approved for 2.5k which was bumped up via HP to 4k before the card arrived. Hes at 9k now via 2 SP increases.

He got his card in may 2012 so ya the nfcu products will grow very fast!


Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor

Re: nfcu questions.


Rhaeny wrote:

j_casteel wrote:

bichonmom wrote:

These last 2 posts kind of prove my point. I had higher FICO, and only got $2k. Navy told me that they use an algorithm to be fair to all members. Smiley Frustrated didn't seem so fair when people with much lower FICOs than I had were getting such higher CLs. That does seem to be the rule of thumb with them, but you can never be sure until you app.

 


what's your aaoa? have a mortgage? how much salary?

 

Your scores are much much higher than mine so I'm not sure unless they took other stuff into consideration other than FICO score alone.


Baddies: Record of bk, and 3 to 4 accounts (depending on CRA) IIB that will fall off by May 2013 (7 years).  

Scores: EQ 702, TU 674, EX 713

AAOA: EQ 6.8, TU 6.5, EX 5.4

Utilization: 15%

Inquiries: EQ 4, TU 9, EX 5 (all inq since 6/1/2012)

Income: $88K

 

Plus I have 10 new TL's from Sept 1st so I beleive that is what could have played a part in thier decision.  I was really worried about those new TL's.  That stupid shopping cart trick got me....sooooo wish I hadn't opened those.


i wonder if that hurt you more than the new TL's?

 

I don't have a BK but I do have a few CO's that I paid off which will be off my CR in the next 1.5-2 years. I also have double digit inquiries on both TU and EQ. Our income is about the same.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Contributor

Re: nfcu questions.

Do you have to ask for the CLI or are they automatic?

 

Moderator Emeritus

Re: nfcu questions.


martinkk wrote:

Do you have to ask for the CLI or are they automatic?

 


 

The answer is both... you can ask for them online and if the CLI is automatically approved then its usually a SP. If you don't ask; then they will automatically increase you over time.

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor

Re: nfcu questions.


j_casteel wrote:

Rhaeny wrote:

j_casteel wrote:

bichonmom wrote:

These last 2 posts kind of prove my point. I had higher FICO, and only got $2k. Navy told me that they use an algorithm to be fair to all members. Smiley Frustrated didn't seem so fair when people with much lower FICOs than I had were getting such higher CLs. That does seem to be the rule of thumb with them, but you can never be sure until you app.

 


what's your aaoa? have a mortgage? how much salary?

 

Your scores are much much higher than mine so I'm not sure unless they took other stuff into consideration other than FICO score alone.


Baddies: Record of bk, and 3 to 4 accounts (depending on CRA) IIB that will fall off by May 2013 (7 years).  

Scores: EQ 702, TU 674, EX 713

AAOA: EQ 6.8, TU 6.5, EX 5.4

Utilization: 15%

Inquiries: EQ 4, TU 9, EX 5 (all inq since 6/1/2012)

Income: $88K

 

Plus I have 10 new TL's from Sept 1st so I beleive that is what could have played a part in thier decision.  I was really worried about those new TL's.  That stupid shopping cart trick got me....sooooo wish I hadn't opened those.


i wonder if that hurt you more than the new TL's?

 

I don't have a BK but I do have a few CO's that I paid off which will be off my CR in the next 1.5-2 years. I also have double digit inquiries on both TU and EQ. Our income is about the same.


Have you tried to gw the cos? Navy doesn't seem too inq sensitive. Try to get your util to under 10%, if poss. But they dont seem as concerned about that as other lenders are either. No baddies would do you a world of good, if you could get off.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Valued Contributor

Re: nfcu questions.


bichonmom wrote:

j_casteel wrote:

Rhaeny wrote:

j_casteel wrote:

bichonmom wrote:

These last 2 posts kind of prove my point. I had higher FICO, and only got $2k. Navy told me that they use an algorithm to be fair to all members. Smiley Frustrated didn't seem so fair when people with much lower FICOs than I had were getting such higher CLs. That does seem to be the rule of thumb with them, but you can never be sure until you app.

 


what's your aaoa? have a mortgage? how much salary?

 

Your scores are much much higher than mine so I'm not sure unless they took other stuff into consideration other than FICO score alone.


Baddies: Record of bk, and 3 to 4 accounts (depending on CRA) IIB that will fall off by May 2013 (7 years).  

Scores: EQ 702, TU 674, EX 713

AAOA: EQ 6.8, TU 6.5, EX 5.4

Utilization: 15%

Inquiries: EQ 4, TU 9, EX 5 (all inq since 6/1/2012)

Income: $88K

 

Plus I have 10 new TL's from Sept 1st so I beleive that is what could have played a part in thier decision.  I was really worried about those new TL's.  That stupid shopping cart trick got me....sooooo wish I hadn't opened those.


i wonder if that hurt you more than the new TL's?

 

I don't have a BK but I do have a few CO's that I paid off which will be off my CR in the next 1.5-2 years. I also have double digit inquiries on both TU and EQ. Our income is about the same.


Have you tried to gw the cos? Navy doesn't seem too inq sensitive. Try to get your util to under 10%, if poss. But they dont seem as concerned about that as other lenders are either. No baddies would do you a world of good, if you could get off.

 


I have gotten a couple baddies off my CR, but there's  few that won't budge no matter how much a bugged them. So i decide to just let them age off which is early and mid 2014. My UTI is usually around 10% or less but right now its sitting around 20% due to the holidays. I'm hoping by the time my baddies age off my scores will be awesome and I will buy another house at that time. Overall, I am completely happy that we joined NFCU. They gave us amazing products that no one else would have and I plan on moving as much of my business there as I can.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Senior Contributor

Re: nfcu questions.

Navy is definitely more forgiving than other CCs, so you should be fine. You can always CLI when your cr is better.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Regular Contributor

Re: nfcu questions.

Are all of you doing your complbanning king with the Nfcu? 



Eq 675
TU 681
Ex your guess is as goodas mine!

Nfcu Cash Rewards 15000, Nfcu nRewards Mc 15000, Walmart 600, Target 400, VS 650,Capital one 3750, Us Bank 300, Discover 4500,Citi DP 1500, Chase Freedom 2000. And I'm done...... no more cards just going to tend my garden