Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nfcu

tag
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

nfcu

ok...Last summer the BOA secured card was the card to have. There were other cards but WTH my scores didn't support those cards.

my question is.................. I am going to close my BOA accounts ( I see no future with this bank) I am going to sink my secondary accounts with NCFU. Should I directly apply for a card and what card ( my scores are 630 ish) or should I just sink my $$ into a secured card with nfcu?

BOA was a promise last year so I sunk a bunch of money with them. They still don't love me. I just want to know what you all think of NFCU.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
nathan
Frequent Contributor

Re: nfcu

Sounds like a good idea to me.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

depending on the nature of your derogs....a 630 with adequate income to justify will get a CC unsecured with NFCU.  What other TL's and open accounts do you have?  What kind of reported debt do you have?  What derogs do you have and how recent?

Putting money with NFCU helps.  Putting a direct deposit helps even more.

But, there are many who had 620-660 scores who were approved for unsecured CC....some even for 2 (Visa and MC).

NFCU is about as good as it gets for a creditor who will work with you.  PSECU is another, if you can qualify.

Message 3 of 14
Established Contributor

NFCU is very generous and you may be able to get an unsecured CC with them. I firmly believe if you call the CC department at NFCU, the CSR will try his/her best to advise you without a hard pull what the current FICO score requirements are for an unsecured NFCU CC. Obviously, all of your credit portfolio records will be considered when you apply. Based on your score alone you have a good chance, IMHO, to be approved for an unsecured CC with NFCU. As you probably know NFCU will only pull EQ. 

In either a case secured or unsecured CC with NFCU is a great way to go for your long term credit needs. IMO

Message Edited by plasticman on 09-08-2009 04:56 PM
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received a NFCU Visa rewards card EQ score 654 70,000 yearly pay I got a 10,000.00 CL 11.90 APR. I only had one derog on my CR a paid/charge off almost two years old hope this helps. NFCU  is my highest CL their CSR's are second to none they will answer any and all question. I will try their NAVchek LOC in the future. good luck if you pull the trigger let us now the outcome if you do.
Message 5 of 14
wmarat
Valued Contributor

1. Good idea to close BOA.

2. Would you like temporarily adopt me Smiley Very Happy (how poor immigrant can get in NFCU?)

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

603 EQ Fico got me an unsecured Cash Rewards Visa.  No direct deposit, couple houndred holding the account.  High income. $1200 limit.
Message 7 of 14
geekhou05
New Contributor

I have a good hunch that NFCU approve me

See my score journey!! http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=rebuildingcredit&thread.id=82437

I'm looking for a large unsecured card for company travel (expense statement when you return) and an auto loan refi (currently at 14% with about $6,000 of principal left). My yearly income is 75k.

I just have to ask, is there some way for a non DoD person to get in, or if another myFicoer is willing to sponser?

If not, what CU would be the next pick? PenFed?

Message Edited by geekhou05 on 09-09-2009 12:44 AM
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

if your in mil. i think that weighs more than your income. Im in the mil and obviously i dont make as much as some people on here (70k+) but i got approved for 7500 with a 660 eq. (which they pull) and a 90 days late from over 4 yrs ago.

NFCU and USAA are my goto banks. They are the best.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@geekhou05 wrote:

I have a good hunch that NFCU approve me

See my score journey!! http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=rebuildingcredit&thread.id=82437

I'm looking for a large unsecured card for company travel (expense statement when you return) and an auto loan refi (currently at 14% with about $6,000 of principal left). My yearly income is 75k.

I just have to ask, is there some way for a non DoD person to get in, or if another myFicoer is willing to sponser?

If not, what CU would be the next pick? PenFed?

Message Edited by geekhou05 on 09-09-2009 12:44 AM

Unless you have a direct family member (parent, granparent, spouse, child or household member), then you cannot get in.  You cannot be sponsored by anyone else if you don't have a military or DoD connection yourself.

I would suggest Alliant or PSECU (very limited FOM also) before PenFed.  PenFed is much more conservative and IMO less accessible (you cannot speak to a LO).

USAA is another great one, but requires a military or have a parent in, retired or seperated from military after Jan 1, 1996.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.