Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no US Bank Cash+ in Michigan?

tag
GTT
Regular Contributor

no US Bank Cash+ in Michigan?

Is this card not national ? Just checked online and it says branch application only and could find any around me

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: no US Bank Cash+ in Michigan?

Correct.  The Cash+ is not a nationwide available product (it used to be).  However, some individuals have been able to get around this restriction (albeit through some hoops and hurdles) outside of the footprint area (i.e. calling or PC'ing an existing product).  Most of their other CC products are available nationwide though.

Message 2 of 13
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

It is available in all 50 states, you can call in and apply, I did last month, I live in southern florida, nearest branch is in Tennessee, 1000 miles away,
Just call in and say you want to apply fircthe cash+ my app took less then 10 mins

Message 3 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@slap_happy wrote:
It is available in all 50 states, you can call in and apply, I did last month, I live in southern florida, nearest branch is in Tennessee, 1000 miles away,
Just call in and say you want to apply fircthe cash+ my app took less then 10 mins

It is a geographicaly restricted product AFAIK.  If it was available in all 50 states then folks wouldn't have any issues for applying straight out or the offer being available online as their other CCs.  Plus, aside from PCs, it has been known that generally individuals who have applied and gotten the card are more the exception han the norm.

Message 4 of 13
thecheese
Established Member

There have been plenty of people recently who have applied via phone, hundreds of miles from a branch. It was initially available to apply for online, but I imagine they shut that down considering the initial uncapped rewards were so popular and unsustainable. Now that they've sufficiently crippled the card (compared to what it used to be), I'm not surprised they're letting people app over the phone and possibly online sometime down the line.

Message 5 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

If you try to app over the phone, some branches may be willing to process it, some may not. Just keep trying I suppose.

Like finstar said, it depends on your area as well. If there's no US bank division for your area, there's also a chance they will issue you another card instead of the cash+ if you are approved. This has happened quite a number of times.... Ymmv I suppose.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 13
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

My experience is opposite of slap_happy's. I called in a few months ago and the CSR asked what state I lived in, I told her, then she told me: sorry sir you have to be in a state we have a branch in to be able to apply for THAT card. And I was unable to apply. Never tried again, maybe a cranky rep??  LOL

Message 7 of 13
Stralem
Established Contributor

Just a heads up, but if you live near a Meijers (Wal-Mart without the stench of evil basically), they'll more than likely have a US Bank branch inside.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 8 of 13
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

I just called and app. That's how I got mine Cash+
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 9 of 13
GTT
Regular Contributor

I happen to have meijer close to me, will check.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.