Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no US Bank Cash+ in Michigan?

tag
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

Re: no US Bank Cash+ in Michigan?

@odd_dog wrote:

My experience is opposite of slap_happy's. I called in a few months ago and the CSR asked what state I lived in, I told her, then she told me: sorry sir you have to be in a state we have a branch in to be able to apply for THAT card. And I was unable to apply. Never tried again, maybe a cranky rep??  LOL

I would say try again, I called in and asked "can the cash + be apped over the phone since I dont live near a branch" 

the answer was yes, for sure! I am proof that this card can be had even though I live over 1000 miles away from the nearet branch, you can also call a branch and ask to apply over the phone with them, if they are not busy they will be happy to.

Message 11 of 13
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@slap_happy wrote:
It is available in all 50 states, you can call in and apply, I did last month, I live in southern florida, nearest branch is in Tennessee, 1000 miles away,
Just call in and say you want to apply fircthe cash+ my app took less then 10 mins

It is a geographicaly restricted product AFAIK.  If it was available in all 50 states then folks wouldn't have any issues for applying straight out or the offer being available online as their other CCs.  Plus, aside from PCs, it has been known that generally individuals who have applied and gotten the card are more the exception han the norm.

I asked if it  matters what state your in since I was in florida over 1000 miles away from any branch, people down here have not even heard of US Bank lol

I was told it does not, look, I know US Bank does not make it easy to app for this card but anyone can get it, heck, I dont even have any type of banking relationship with them and still got the card. finstar, you can live next door to a branch and still not be able to app online so that does not make it geographicaly restricted. I myself was quite bothered by why does it have to be "in branch only" I called the EO and asked and they said, its a complicated card with the 5% choices etc. so we like to inform and educate the customer before they apply but its not a requirement, she said that you can call in and app or call a branch and they can fax you over a app and you can fax it back. dont take no for an answer, if one rep says no, hang up and try again, we all know that reps are not always aware of their own banks rules.

Message 12 of 13
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@slap_happy wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

My experience is opposite of slap_happy's. I called in a few months ago and the CSR asked what state I lived in, I told her, then she told me: sorry sir you have to be in a state we have a branch in to be able to apply for THAT card. And I was unable to apply. Never tried again, maybe a cranky rep??  LOL

I would say try again, I called in and asked "can the cash + be apped over the phone since I dont live near a branch" 

the answer was yes, for sure! I am proof that this card can be had even though I live over 1000 miles away from the nearet branch, you can also call a branch and ask to apply over the phone with them, if they are not busy they will be happy to.

Sweet thanks for the info, this will be my reason for leaving the garden in Feb. And you are right the CSR's aren't always correct, I just was not persistent....Knowing your experience now though, I shall start!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.