cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no cli! getting rid of my crap one asap!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

no cli! getting rid of my crap one asap!

I just don't understand I have good credit, they always send me preapprovals on the auto and other cc but when I ask for a cli they wont give it to me I was laughing in the reps face. F them I do have to wait for my home loan to go thru first after that they can eat crow!! 3 year never an increase you would think they would but naa. Tired of pretty much begging for one. The card is even sub prime card..
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
imhotepng
New Contributor

Re: no cli! getting rid of my crap one asap!

Am in the same situation as you, no lates and stuck on 750 forever. They are so headed for the curb!

Message 2 of 28
LS1
New Contributor

Yeah, a lot of people get upset with Capital for not giving many CLI's on their sub-prime cards but you can always cancel it and re-apply for one of their cards that will grow with you?  I signed up for Cap 1 not expecting them to give CLI's as I'm using them for building only, I guess that helps me to not get so upset when I don't see any love from them Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: TU 652- EQ 658 - EX 668
Current Score: TU 679 - EQ 681 - EX 681 as of 3.13.11
Goal Score: 700 with all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem is it makes no freakn sense! Second, why would I burn a hard inquiry for some cc company that they even don't understand either lol. I think its time to move on to greener pastures
Message 4 of 28
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I just don't understand I have good credit, they always send me preapprovals on the auto and other cc but when I ask for a cli they wont give it to me I was laughing in the reps face. F them I do have to wait for my home loan to go thru first after that they can eat crow!! 3 year never an increase you would think they would but naa. Tired of pretty much begging for one. The card is even sub prime card..

I've had my card since 10/2001.  It started with a 300 CL.  It eventually increased to $500 after a few years and in 2007 it increased to $750.  Its been at $750 ever since.  One day I'm going to eventually close the card.  It's not my oldest card. 

Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right di! Isn't that insane? I have to keep it open til I get my home though. That is my oldest card but after my loan goes thru I don't care anymore!
Message 6 of 28
LS1
New Contributor

This is just my view on it, no evidence to really support it, but it seems like the Cap 1 No Hassle/Platinum cards are builder cards and just that.  They're designed to not offer high CL's and have fair AF"s.  In my opinion, it's Cap 1's way of being able to cater to the rebuilding/building people such as myself and offer cards to people with not so desireable scores.  They do this as well as offer generally friendly customer service and decently laid out on-line account access.  

I would think that it would be easier to designate a couple of card 'classes' to being builder cards only and keeping them seperate from their 'prime' cards than to offer a No Hassle's card that can graduate to a 5 digit CL.  I think that because the builder cards are Cap One branded, and Cap One offers prime cards, people get more upset with them for not granting higher CL's as easily on the NH and Plat. cards... basically that they won't 'graduate' a builder card to a prime card.

Again, that's just my opinion and really has no merit Smiley Very Happy  I can see why you would be upset with them for not offering a new card without another hard pull but I'm sure there are many people here on the boards that started out with low scores who are in the 700/800's club now and had to go through several hard pulls as they went from builder to prime time status.

Message 7 of 28
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Right di! Isn't that insane? I have to keep it open til I get my home though. That is my oldest card but after my loan goes thru I don't care anymore!

Cards are suppose to remain reporting for up to 10 years after closing.  But you're doing the right thing to keep it open until after you close on your home.  One just never know what these CRAs may do. 

Message 8 of 28
DI
Super Contributor

@LS1 wrote:

This is just my view on it, no evidence to really support it, but it seems like the Cap 1 No Hassle/Platinum cards are builder cards and just that.  They're designed to not offer high CL's and have fair AF"s.  In my opinion, it's Cap 1's way of being able to cater to the rebuilding/building people such as myself and offer cards to people with not so desireable scores.  They do this as well as offer generally friendly customer service and decently laid out on-line account access.  

I would think that it would be easier to designate a couple of card 'classes' to being builder cards only and keeping them seperate from their 'prime' cards than to offer a No Hassle's card that can graduate to a 5 digit CL.  I think that because the builder cards are Cap One branded, and Cap One offers prime cards, people get more upset with them for not granting higher CL's as easily on the NH and Plat. cards... basically that they won't 'graduate' a builder card to a prime card.

Again, that's just my opinion and really has no merit Smiley Very Happy  I can see why you would be upset with them for not offering a new card without another hard pull but I'm sure there are many people here on the boards that started out with low scores who are in the 700/800's club now and had to go through several hard pulls as they went from builder to prime time status.

I got the Cap 1 card my 3rd year in college.  My credit was just starting to build.  So I guess the card served its purpose. 

Message 9 of 28
LS1
New Contributor

@DI wrote:

I got the Cap 1 card my 3rd year in college.  My credit was just starting to build.  So I guess the card served its purpose. 

Def. looks like it has judging by the posts I've seen you make Smiley Very Happy.  I look forward to the day when I close out at least one of the two cards I currently have with them, two AF's wouldn't be worth it once I'm mid-700's.  I am thankful that I have them at the moment however as they are a great way to get to the next level.

For the OP, when does your next AF hit?  If it were me, I would wait until just before the AF and call in to cancel to get those extra few months of reporting with the CRA's at the end of the 10 years while it's on your reports.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.