cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no cli! getting rid of my crap one asap!

tag
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: no cli! getting rid of my crap one asap!

That point about the no-fee international stuff was an excellent one.  I guess it's not really hurting anything to keep my pathetically-limited Capital One card open, since it doesn't have an annual fee.  Up to $500 in fee-free Canada money available when I go across the border!  It's also my oldest card.  

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

I just got off the phone with a Capital One supervisor to close my account.  Ultimately, I've decide to keep it open for a few more months.  The supervisor said back in 2008 non of its customers were getting CLIs due to the economy.  He said back in December they started reviewing some card members accounts for  CLI s due to the economy rebounding.  He couldn't give me an exact time-frame, but said soon the sytem will open up to review all cardmembers accounts for CLIs, and not just the cardmembers who are  on the credit step program.

So, if you have a Cap One account that has a low CL, and doesn't seem like you're not going to get a CLI, just wait a few more months.

Hey!! don't wait just close it.

Same answer from a supervisor. They alway said, ...don't close your account, we will review your account soon.... 

So after 11 year, I closed my oldest credit card, a CAP1 Platinum card.

$39 annual fee, high % APR, Low CL

They never reviews those types of cards.  If you apply for another one, they will use as reference, the account that you have open. So you will get High APR, Low CL again. 
You never will get a better APR, or line of credit, while you have an account with them.
So you better close it, wait a year and ask for another card, if you want a better capital one card with low apr and nice credit line.
Finally, I asked to close my account immediately, but my account will be closed until the next cycle. I have NO outstanding balance. but they take 2 months to close permanently. very strange.

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

There feeding you a line of crap DI. If they were so worried about people defaulting on there cards why invite for new liness of credit.... stringing us along f them and the horse they road on!!!!
Message 23 of 28
DI
Super Contributor

He offered to lower my APR for now.  But I told him the APR isn't a concern  since I pay in full whenever I have a balance.  ALl he could keep saying is that I  have managed  account  extremely well.  We'll see!!  If no increase by end  of June, they're outta here!

Message 24 of 28
mauve
Valued Contributor

DI, are you paying an AF?  And I would have totally taken the lower APR.  When I called, he offered to transfer me to another department to see if they could get me a lower interest rate. 

I don't really mind applying for a new card with them - they're relatively decent in general.  I just don't want to take the account age hit.  If they'd backdate a new card to my original card's date, I'd probably do it.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

GOTCHA.. I also maintain my acct the same way. I just done with them. As soon as I can get rid of the card I will!
Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the dif he doesn't carry a balance so even if he pays an Af that wouldn't matter there not making money on him interest wise! What they should've done is waive your up coming Af!
Message 27 of 28
DI
Super Contributor

@mauve wrote:

DI, are you paying an AF?  And I would have totally taken the lower APR.  When I called, he offered to transfer me to another department to see if they could get me a lower interest rate. 

I don't really mind applying for a new card with them - they're relatively decent in general.  I just don't want to take the account age hit.  If they'd backdate a new card to my original card's date, I'd probably do it.

No, I pay no annual fee.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.