cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no cli! getting rid of my crap one asap!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: no cli! getting rid of my crap one asap!

Will do I will find out when my afvis hopefully its after my house closes
Message 11 of 28
vish1
Valued Contributor

@LS1 wrote:

This is just my view on it, no evidence to really support it, but it seems like the Cap 1 No Hassle/Platinum cards are builder cards and just that.  They're designed to not offer high CL's and have fair AF"s.  In my opinion, it's Cap 1's way of being able to cater to the rebuilding/building people such as myself and offer cards to people with not so desireable scores.  They do this as well as offer generally friendly customer service and decently laid out on-line account access.  

I would think that it would be easier to designate a couple of card 'classes' to being builder cards only and keeping them seperate from their 'prime' cards than to offer a No Hassle's card that can graduate to a 5 digit CL.  I think that because the builder cards are Cap One branded, and Cap One offers prime cards, people get more upset with them for not granting higher CL's as easily on the NH and Plat. cards... basically that they won't 'graduate' a builder card to a prime card.

Again, that's just my opinion and really has no merit Smiley Very Happy  I can see why you would be upset with them for not offering a new card without another hard pull but I'm sure there are many people here on the boards that started out with low scores who are in the 700/800's club now and had to go through several hard pulls as they went from builder to prime time status.

I totally agree with your point. The thing I hate most about cap1 is they always pull all 3 for every card.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand why they are the way they are with their credit cards.  i really like their auto loans, but that is for another forum.

Message 13 of 28
vish1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't understand why they are the way they are with their credit cards.  i really like their auto loans, but that is for another forum.

IMO every bank caters to or targets different customers and have their own strategy of running business. Trust me, when I had no credit. Just a secured card 1 month old, only cap 1 gave me a unsecured card with 500 $ CL and I was really happy. I don't want to bank with cap1 anymore but I realized its about card user profiles they are targeting.

ps: my thoughts don't include their prime cards.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 14 of 28
JaseT
Established Contributor

I got my Cap 1 Rewards Plat card last May. It hit $750 CL and hasn't changed since...I doubt it ever will considering what I've read. It has a $39 AF, but the cash rewards more than pay for that. I'll probably just keep it open for awhile. I am interested in obtaining the Cap 1 Venture card (no AF version) but will wait on that since they pull all 3 CRA's and I don't need anymore INQ right now.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JaseT wrote:

I got my Cap 1 Rewards Plat card last May. It hit $750 CL and hasn't changed since...I doubt it ever will considering what I've read. It has a $39 AF, but the cash rewards more than pay for that. I'll probably just keep it open for awhile. I am interested in obtaining the Cap 1 Venture card (no AF version) but will wait on that since they pull all 3 CRA's and I don't need anymore INQ right now.

Your scores are way too good to be messing around with Cap 1 IMHO

Message 16 of 28
JaseT
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JaseT wrote:

Your scores are way too good to be messing around with Cap 1 IMHO

Their Venture card is good when traveling outside the USA as it's FTF-Free.  Smiley Happy

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 17 of 28
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@JaseT wrote:

Their Venture card is good when traveling outside the USA as it's FTF-Free.  Smiley Happy

Very true!  Their other ones are too.  Wanted to add that my AF Cap One card has more than paid for itself as well.

(Although I still have solid plans to close it and reapply for one without an AF)

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 18 of 28
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@clocktick wrote:

@JaseT wrote:

Very true!  Their other ones are too.  Wanted to add that my AF Cap One card has more than paid for itself as well.

(Although I still have solid plans to close it and reapply for one without an AF)

+1

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 19 of 28
DI
Super Contributor

I just got off the phone with a Capital One supervisor to close my account.  Ultimately, I've decide to keep it open for a few more months.  The supervisor said back in 2008 non of its customers were getting CLIs due to the economy.  He said back in December they started reviewing some card members accounts for  CLI s due to the economy rebounding.  He couldn't give me an exact time-frame, but said soon the sytem will open up to review all cardmembers accounts for CLIs, and not just the cardmembers who are  on the credit step program.

The reason why Cap One went into a credit freeze, that started in 2008, was due to many cardmembers defaulting on their account.  He said he was receiving 10-20 collection accounts per week.  Now that Cap One made the changes they're default rate has dropped significantly.  He now says he only receive about 4 collection accounts per month. 

So, if you have a Cap One account that has a low CL, and doesn't seem like you're not going to get a CLI, just wait a few more months.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.