Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no frills card

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: no frills card

@Crashem wrote:
Not sure of point of this thread. Lots of rewards cards with no af. Why not get points/cash back if no cost?

cause there are alot of people like me and the op who just want things plain jane. low apr with a good cl and im happy. plus it seems the cards that do have great cash back points either have high apr or an annual fee or just impossible to get lol

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 11 of 18
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

@Crashem wrote:
Not sure of point of this thread. Lots of rewards cards with no af. Why not get points/cash back if no cost?

cause there are alot of people like me and the op who just want things plain jane. low apr with a good cl and im happy. plus it seems the cards that do have great cash back points either have high apr or an annual fee or just impossible to get lol

Strange. I see a lot of cu cards with lowish apr, no af, and rewards.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 12 of 18
Smug
Established Contributor

RING ALL THE WAY!
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 13 of 18
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Another vote for either the Ring card or a CU card, I'd go with a CU card. 

Message 14 of 18
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

Another vote for either the Ring card or a CU card, I'd go with a CU card. 

+1 on the local credit union suggestion. They will usually give you the best high-limit/low interest combo possible unless you are fortunate enough to be eligible for NFCU Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 15 of 18
learnin113
Established Contributor

No frills card - Easy, plenty around almost all lenders have one.  The 3-4 K is the tricky part.  This usually (with few exceptions) require a CS over 700. Good luck.

Message 16 of 18
bbb3601
Frequent Contributor

thank you for your responses. I will go with ring if anyone cares. obviously eq score is my lowest. I have a apple card. called barclay's and they said after apple hits 6 months (next month) getting 3-4 won't be a problem. she said worst case i could transfer some of my apple line.

NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Message 17 of 18
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

+10 - count me as one who is not interested in rewards cards and their higher APR's, plain jane works for me.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.