Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no longer absolutely furious w amex

tag
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

no longer absolutely furious w amex

Got my bce cli decline letter today. Reason was balances to too high. Well I paid off 85% of my debt..the kicker is the soft pull was done on March 23.... not the day of the request. Whats worse the guy ai am speaking with is a total a hole. What happened to amex world class service. He wants me to send in a full copy of my report. **bleep** would amex use.a report almost 30 days old. Absolutely sick of this amex bs

"update" spoke to analyst in the US. Reviewed account 3x cli in 10 seconds !!! bam

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

Re: absolutely furious w amex

Smiley Sad I feel your pain. I was denied for the BCP and awesome scores and 100% on time payments. They said my INQ's were too high. Called EO, wrote a letter and everything

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Message 2 of 40
enharu
Super Contributor

@a3quit4s wrote:

Smiley Sad I feel your pain. I was denied for the BCP and awesome scores and 100% on time payments. They said my INQ's were too high. Called EO, wrote a letter and everything

did u really send in that letter template that you pasted on this forums?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 40
Alcibiades
Contributor

Amex uses whatever soft pull they have on file within 30 days of an application. You can call and get a hard pull recon.

Message 4 of 40
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

They are telling me no on a hp. Anyone got a good recon number
Message 5 of 40
djrez4
Established Contributor

Amex owes you nothing.

Keep your balances low for 90 days and try again.

Message 6 of 40
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

Member since 98. Bills paid flawlessly and yes they do owe me something.....proper service and reasons to remain a customer. Go piss on someone elses parade please
Message 7 of 40
Blurbz
Contributor

I didn't think the fact that they use the most recent soft pull for applications was a secret--that's part of why it isn't an automatic hard pull, because part of their business model is to soft pull regularly. That being said, it's too bad the CSR wasn't more helpful in explaining policies or giving you other options.
Message 8 of 40
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

@aleicgrant wrote:
Member since 98. Bills paid flawlessly and yes they do owe me something.....proper service and reasons to remain a customer. Go piss on someone elses parade please

That attitude is probably why you didn't get anything from them. Everyone owes you something right? Go ahead, drop Amex, probably better for Amex if you did. You just want to hear everyone tell you you're exactly right and Amex is the bad guy. The way Amex sees it, you use a lot of your limit with them. Even if you pay it off they see you as a risk.

Message 9 of 40
GoldenloveNY
Frequent Contributor

Amex owes you nothing. Being a entitled snob won't get you very far in life.
Citi Double Cash: $1,000
Capital One Secured: $500
Capital One Savor One: $1,650
Amex Gold- NPSL.
Amex Platinum- NPSL.
Amex Delta Gold: $1,000
Best Buy Store Credit Card: $2,000
Amazon Store Credit Card: $6,000
Verizon Visa Card: $2,000

Bj's Perks Elite Mastercard: $2,300

Merrick Credit Card: $1,400
First Savings Credit Card: $1,250
Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.