Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no more CLIs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: no more CLIs

well earning $300-$400 cash back annually and chasing it are definitely two different things. don't overspend for rewards because that's way more wasteful Smiley Happy
i need a better job too. my paycheck is quite laughable lol.
Message 51 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well $300-400 rewards I make easily but getting more requires me to switch cards for when their bonus categories are at their highest. I'm done chasing those, better things in life to chase...like girls LOL
Message 52 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

HAHA! just don't follow....
Message 53 of 59
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Tbh, I feel the same way. This credit thing is just a means to an end... I feel like this is just like buying the latest phone that comes out year after year with no substantial benefit. I dont know what your credit score is but I have gotten what I needed from my credit (to buy a house with good interest rate). If I need to increase the balance in my bank account, I can always cut back on some unnecessary spending or just get a higher paying job via some certification or training. Really no need to chase $300-400 cash back annually.

Exactly. There is very little benefit by ading more and more cards for little extra bits of cash back. I think most of us go through the phase of adding a bunch and then at some point realize that it's overkill and that at the end of the year, that extra 1% or whatever added up to $30 for a year. $30 is $30, but that barely even buys a fast food meal for two at this point, so seems silly to spend too much effort on. Because of diminishing returns like that, I think it's best to focus spending on just a couple cards (going for bonuses is a different matter).

Message 54 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update: got the CLI for cap1 so after I do discover sometime this summer or fall I am done Smiley Happy

Exciting moment to know you've reached all the goals when it comes to what you have and the overall limits. Now it's just time to let my scores keep going up.
Message 55 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

'Gratz!

I churned the two new cards I got and stuffed them in my drawer. And my Fico score went up last month!

Seems like this is it, I've reached the mountain and dont need to keep climbing.

Message 56 of 59
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Congratulations 2011xT!  Smiley Happy

Message 57 of 59
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Excellent thread!

My goals are to reach 10K with Discover, get the Freedom and the Ink. Then, garden until the end of time as far as credit cards are concerned. 

I wanted an Amex, but they already declined me. I'm not too keen on continuously applying once they have denied me. If they don't want me, I don't want them! 

Congrats again on reaching your credit goals! Well done!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 58 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, all. After consideration, I probably won't be trying for a CLI on discover either lol.
Message 59 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.