Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nordstrom visa CLI - left some duckies on the table

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

nordstrom visa CLI - left some duckies on the table

I app a CLI for 1k because the csr insisted that I specify an amount.  At first I said 500, since I didn't want to get greedy but the csr implied that more was available, "are you sure... that's it?"  Still in a bit of a cloud from New Year's festivities I ask 'how about 1k then please?'  Sure, no problem. Done. 

I had this sinking feeling I had blew it, so I call back to see what I could find out about revising the CLI and sure enough the rep said I won't qualify again for at least four months but according to the grid she referenced I WAS eligible for up to 6k CLI b4 my last (1k) request, ah shucks!  Still v. happy and I didn't need more but it sure woulda been nice, ROTFL better luck next time I guess :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by score_building on 01-11-2010 02:29 AM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: nordstrom visa CLI - left some duckies on the table

Nordstrom is very generous. I started with a $2k store card and now I have their Visa with $12k CL.
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got upped from 2k to 4k...but that was what I requested.  I didn't want to seem too greedy either! 
Message 3 of 17
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

This just reminded me that my Nordstrom visa is do for CLI in Feb. What do you think I request ask for? I am at 7k....

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

call back and ask for more, shoot for the stars with nordstrom, they will counter, but they give very big CLI
Message 5 of 17
score_building
Senior Contributor

Creditaddict wrote:
call back and ask for more, shoot for the stars with nordstrom, they will counter, but they give very big CLI

thanks for posting CA, doubt I would've called back otherwise :smileyhappy: 

when I called today the csr said he could revise the CLI adding 2k (for 3k total CLI!)  needless to say i'm delighted. 

This visa account < 6 mos (I was originally approved for the store card and just got the visa upgrade a few months ago)  he also said acct not eligible for an APRD and would receive a letter with the reasons. It's a PIF acct but I'm curious since AA reasons can sometimes give clues on how an issuer views acct and/or what needs to improve for better relations. 

Message 6 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Crosby depending how much you use the card I would ask to go to 15.

scorebuilder, yay for the increase more... now in 4 months I would ask to go to 10 if you put some use to the card over that time 

Message 7 of 17
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Crosby depending how much you use the card I would ask to go to 15.

scorebuilder, yay for the increase more... now in 4 months I would ask to go to 10 if you put some use to the card over that time 

+1 esp since they'll apparently counter if they can't go as high as requested.

CA's advise to shoot for the moon has ure paid off for me, GL Crosby!

Message 8 of 17
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I just got upped from 2k to 4k...but that was what I requested.  I didn't want to seem too greedy either! 
congrats scotay! on your 2Xs CL, they do seem to want to work with their customers but if you don't want to call back and see if you left anything on the table that is still available, perhaps just pump up the volume (as appropriate) on your next cli request.
Message Edited by score_building on 01-07-2010 08:55 AM
Message 9 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

to show you the kind of lender they are, when I had my Nordstrom Visa' (plural, I had 2)

Both accounts were always sitting at limit and I got invited to the private parties at the store, when it came time for purchases 2 different occasions I was given CLI while in store to cover my purchases because I was already at limit! So imagine if you treated them better and kept utilization down how much more of CLI they would give.

One CLI was from $5k-8k

the other was 10k-12k

at the time of those cli those accounts were at the limit 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.