cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not approval for Discover More.... but offer Discover It with higher rate (APR) and change term

tag
vngouiowa
Valued Member

not approval for Discover More.... but offer Discover It with higher rate (APR) and change term

hi all,

I just sent my application for applying Discover More but for somereason they sent it to Discover It. After talking with representative I was not able to approve for Discover It -original. However they still want to offer us the same card as Discover It benefit except change term ( hight rate, hight late fee i can't remember ..) and CL 1K. 

They did asked me to accept it or not. I said that I will try to re-apply it later time maybe late this year. But the representative emphasized us that they might not guarranted to offer the same benefit that they offered it for me now ? Did I make right decision ? Should I call back to ask for re-consideration .. ? any advices ?

Actually I have with a year history with clean record, EQ-fico 683, TU 685, EX 677.

BoA - 4K

Amex - BCP - 2K

WF- 2K

ChaseAmazon - 2K

Thanks,

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: not approval for Discover More.... but offer Discover It with higher rate (APR) and change term

Wow you apped for the More and they countered with the IT?  That is a first I have heard of and some pretty big news.  I would call back and find out more because either I read you wrong or something doesn't seem right.  Either way that is huge news!!!

I would take it. Discover can lower APR and raise CL with good behavior.  Plus you get access to ShopDiscover.  That in and of itself is worth it.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 2 of 17
vngouiowa
Valued Member

Re: not approval for Discover More.... but offer Discover It with higher rate (APR) and change term

Hi flowfaster,

Yes. I filled out the form as  this link

The title of this form is 

Discover® More Card Application 

and I believed that i did filled out and submit this form for sure. Is that for Discover more ? or Is discover more card  not available any more ? 

Then I called to the number 888 676-3695 in the back door list. They told me that you applied for the Discover It. I said no i applied for Discover more. They answer lowly that Discover It is more benefit than Discover more( no late fee. blah blah ...). They ignored me about Discover more.... by talking aggresive about Discover it... i don't know why.

After veryfying a lot of my information they asked me to hold in 3 minutes then they come back and do not offer the discover it - original for me but they did offer the discover it (CL -1K) - with the changed term with high rate for me if i want to accept .

Message 3 of 17
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

Wow you apped for the More and they countered with the IT?  That is a first I have heard of and some pretty big news.  I would call back and find out more because either I read you wrong or something doesn't seem right.  Either way that is huge news!!!

I would take it. Discover can lower APR and raise CL with good behavior.  Plus you get access to ShopDiscover.  That in and of itself is worth it.

@let me ask you question about their shopdiscover......is those store qualify for their store in the mall too ? what about gift card @ gas station....said i buy a gift card @ gas station ?

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 17
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@vngouiowa wrote:

Hi flowfaster,

Yes. I filled out the form as  this link

The title of this form is 

Discover® More Card Application 

and I believed that i did filled out and submit this form for sure. Is that for Discover more ? or Is discover more card  not available any more ? 

Then I called to the number 888 676-3695 in the back door list. They told me that you applied for the Discover It. I said no i applied for Discover more. They answer lowly that Discover It is more benefit than Discover more( no late fee. blah blah ...). They ignored me about Discover more.... by talking aggresive about Discover it... i don't know why.

After veryfying a lot of my information they asked me to hold in 3 minutes then they come back and do not offer the discover it - original for me but they did offer the discover it (CL -1K) - with the changed term with high rate for me if i want to accept .

The general concensus around here is that discover is starting to phase out the more card to a degree and replace it with the it card.This probably has something to do with why they pushed it on you. Still odd that they did that since you initially applied for the more.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 5 of 17
vngouiowa
Valued Member

@OptimasPrime

Should I do not accept this offer is correct ? If i am wrong should I call back reconsider number to ask ... ? I think the fact that they pulled out my credit history then I lost some score right either way .

thanks

Message 6 of 17
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

Personally, I would call back and see if they will let you take the offer. Discover it is a good card and is similar to the more in many ways, including rewards structure 

They already did a hard pull when you applied so you might as well get a new.card out of it. 1k is kind of a low limit but after six months you will be able to request an increase. Discover clis are generally soft pulls in my experience and the customer service is top notch. 

With that said, I think it would be in your best interest to take the offer

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 7 of 17
vngouiowa
Valued Member

Thanks OptimasPrime and other members,

Finally I called back and got it . 

Hello Discover !

Message 8 of 17
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Congrats!  Your CL will grow with time. 

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 9 of 17
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

congrats

EQ 778 | TU 776
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.