not caring

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: not caring

@myjourney wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

I've also gotten to the point of not needing any more cards and quite happy with what I have unless a better offer comes along. (bonus)

I don't even watch scores now. they can only go north  so here I sit a very proud gardener 

The only thing new that scares me is all this new talk about lenders putting limits on signing bonuses....one per lifetime 

Geez I worked hard to get to the churning point don't do this to me now .....Smiley Sad

I remember when I first 'met' you, you had mentioned that you app'd for a couple of new cards every 6 months. Garden-App-Garden-App Smiley Very Happy

Honestly, if all the banks put on a restriction of one per lifetime it really wouldnt effect me too much. Yes, the bonus's are very nice but they are not the entire reason I app for a card. Plus, I think it would help a lot of people who app strictly for the bonus and then end up charging more than they can afford to qualify for said bonus. I am all about ways to keep people from drowning financially while still offering a good product. 

Bravo on the blue section very well said ....Don't app if it will end in debt for the bonus 

And you are so correct and right my credit building process was every 6 months 

I would garden for 6 months leave the garden grab a bunch of trinkets as my PIC says Lol

And run back to the GC to grow those seedlings. This went on for a year and a half 

And now I don't even miss the thrill of apps and the words approved 

Come next month which is unfamiliar territory to me I'll make a year app free

Yeah yeah I know your all saying who MJ no apps in a year no way ROFLOL

Yep Lil ol me Smiley LOL

Unless it's 500 in 3 month kind of bonus...anything over that is crazyy! Lol.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 11 of 27
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

I'm buying Costco "Cash Cards" and the One Vanilla cards to meet my bonuses.

So I'm not buying a bunch of stuff and going into any debt to meet the bonus. If I really wanted to, I could liquidate the Vanilla cards and make payments back to my CC's, but I'm using them and the Costco cards for spending that I would do anyway.
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 12 of 27
myjourney
Super Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

I've also gotten to the point of not needing any more cards and quite happy with what I have unless a better offer comes along. (bonus)

I don't even watch scores now. they can only go north  so here I sit a very proud gardener 

The only thing new that scares me is all this new talk about lenders putting limits on signing bonuses....one per lifetime 

Geez I worked hard to get to the churning point don't do this to me now .....Smiley Sad

I remember when I first 'met' you, you had mentioned that you app'd for a couple of new cards every 6 months. Garden-App-Garden-App Smiley Very Happy

Honestly, if all the banks put on a restriction of one per lifetime it really wouldnt effect me too much. Yes, the bonus's are very nice but they are not the entire reason I app for a card. Plus, I think it would help a lot of people who app strictly for the bonus and then end up charging more than they can afford to qualify for said bonus. I am all about ways to keep people from drowning financially while still offering a good product. 

Bravo on the blue section very well said ....Don't app if it will end in debt for the bonus 

I would garden for 6 months leave the garden grab a bunch of trinkets as my PIC says Lol

And run back to the GC to grow those seedlings. This went on for a year and a half 

Yep Lil ol me Smiley LOL

Lol Smiley LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 27
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Yep Lil ol me Smiley LOL

Lol Smiley LOL

I think mine have generally been spend $3K in 3 months. However, that has not been an issue at all since I paid all my medical bills on credit cards to gain the points and then immediately paid them off. I want to say I ran about $15K through them between December and February. 

Message 14 of 27
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I've no clue what phase I'm in. I just know it's operation protect and serve ME. lol Smiley Very Happy
Message 15 of 27
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Lol
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 16 of 27
blondy250
Established Contributor

I'm with the OP, I've lost interest in cards years ago. Sign up rewards really don't interest me, it's just a marketing gimmick to get sheep to spend money they don't have. Gardening shouldn't be the exception, it's the norm for proper who are financially mature.
Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 17 of 27
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@blondy250 wrote:
I'm with the OP, I've lost interest in cards years ago. Sign up rewards really don't interest me, it's just a marketing gimmick to get sheep to spend money they don't have. Gardening shouldn't be the exception, it's the norm for proper who are financially mature.

That may be true for some (and I doubt if the issuer really want their custoemrs to get in to too much trouble and default!) but for some people, including some respected members of this board, sign up bonuses can be a good way to get significant amounts of rewards (and combined with simple MS, at no real cost).

I feel this comment is more "it's not what I do so only stupid sheep do it".   The public at large feel the same about credit cards rewards of any type, they charge and (maybe) carry a balance, and know nothing about reward options etc.

Message 18 of 27
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@blondy250 wrote:

That may be true for some (and I doubt if the issuer really want their custoemrs to get in to too much trouble and default!) but for some people, including some respected members of this board, sign up bonuses can be a good way to get significant amounts of rewards (and combined with simple MS, at no real cost).

I feel this comment is more "it's not what I do so only stupid sheep do it".   The public at large feel the same about credit cards rewards of any type, they charge and (maybe) carry a balance, and know nothing about reward options etc.

I agree that some signup bonuses are crazy (for me at least) citi/AA $10,000 spend in 3 months?? But some people can handle that and good for them! I am not a manufacture spend kinda guy so I will only take bonuses that I can handle with REGULAR spend. And yes it is great to take your family to Hawaii from the East Coast pretty much for free with the points and miles you have accumulated from just your normal spending on your CC.....it's really all "different strokes for different folks" Not everyone on this board is in the exact same situation, and that is what makes it so much fun to read these posts, if you are open minded you do learn....whether it is of use to you or not....

Message 19 of 27
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@blondy250 wrote:
Sign up rewards really don't interest me, it's just a marketing gimmick to get sheep to spend money they don't have.

If one is spending money that one doesn't have then it's the person, not the bonus that's the issue.  I've never spent anything aside from my normal spend within budget to meet my signup bonuses.  Don't just assume that your behavior or your situation are universal, regardless of topic.  Income, budgets and spend vary.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.