cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not sure if im ready to apply for a high limit card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

not sure if im ready to apply for a high limit card.

Hello all. i'm new to this community but i have been working on inproving my scores for about a year now.i'm currently between 660 and 680 between the big 3(tryin hard to reach the 700 club).the thing that stands out the most to me is that on eq and exp i have about 20 inq's.my utl is at about 23%, and i have 1 charge off from a bout 2 years ago. also have 2 30day lates about 2 years ago.now to the quistion, i am woundering should i apply for a high limit card since my 3 cc's have low limits(none over 1,500) or should i leave well enough alone and wait out the inq's? any and alll advice is much appeciated...thankx..i want to add more ino re: some of your responces.the co if paid and reads "settled for less than original debt". and the scores above are real fico scores. i seem to allways see good things written about navy fed.are my scores good enough to get high limit card with them?...thanx
Message Edited by kevinS on 10-05-2008 03:28 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: not sure if im ready to apply for a high limit card.

You may want to try asking this in the Credit Card section of the forums.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: not sure if im ready to apply for a high limit card.

Your UTIL is not bad ....except...the CO, if it is a CC and showing a Bal. This Bal will be included in your UTIL

If the DOFD/DOLA was within 2 years you can be sued by the creditor as you will be within SOL.

COs reported by the creditor are killers to FICO scores.

Late pays hurt for the first 2 years unless you have a bunch or 90 - 120 days reporting!

I will move you to the Credit Card thread as hauling & the other people there can be of more help.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.