Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

# of Target Cards possible

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

# of Target Cards possible

Does anyone else have more than 1?

Do they have a limit of how man you can have?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: # of Target Cards possible

dont do it man... 4 is good enough.... Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never knew one can get more than one target card.  By the way, why do you have 4?  Just curious.

Message 3 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I got my first Target card back in 99 when I turned 18 for $200, later that year they increased to $300 and it's sat there.

Fast forward about 7 years and everyone was giving me good credit cards and target didn't move so I thought my account was just lost in there system so applied and opened a new card thinking maybe now with better credit they would give me a good limit =$200...ugh.  Fast forward another year and I was buying like $300 worth of stuff and she is like do you want to apply and save 10%... = ANOTHER $200, then like 4 months later I don't know what the reason was that time but I was like sure lets apply again hoping i might get the visa, another 200 I think was the result.  Then at some point last year they were doing like blanket CLI and my 3rd card I had applied for got bumped to $1k, all the others remain the same... I was like what, my card I have had less then a year gets an $800 increase but the card I have had for 11 years doesn't move!

I tried to consolidate and took it up the ranks of managers and they said it's not possible.

They are even more frustrating to deal with then HSBC but it does make it funny when I check out and I tell them I want to split the purchase up over 4 cards, one guy thought I was using someone else credit card when he saw me pull them all out!

Message 4 of 20
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Go for the 5th card and see what happens.

Message 5 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

they just put a full grocery and wine and beer into the Target down the street from me, so my cards have been getting a ton of use lately... I'm going to wait on apply for more until I pay these 4 off later this month... tried something different, I have been revolving balances on all of them

Message 6 of 20
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

they just put a full grocery and wine and beer into the Target down the street from me, so my cards have been getting a ton of use lately... I'm going to wait on apply for more until I pay these 4 off later this month... tried something different, I have been revolving balances on all of them

I still dont understand why Target maitains the $200 / card limit. At least Macy's though they start you with low CL they are very generous with the CLI's once you establish the track record with them. My Target card is resting in my sock drawer. I use it once a year to buy a pack of gum or some thing for few dollars.

Message 7 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I don't get it either because if I'm not mistaken I read an article a few years back that said Target Bank is more profitable then all of there stores combined.  Now wouldn't you think if they are mega rich off $200 credit lines, imagine how rich they would be off say $500 CL!!

Like if your never going to reward your customer for using the card what's the point in having it.

The best thing I have seen in years coming down the pipe is the 5% they are going to start giving card holders on every purchase

Message 8 of 20
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I don't get it either because if I'm not mistaken I read an article a few years back that said Target Bank is more profitable then all of there stores combined.  Now wouldn't you think if they are mega rich off $200 credit lines, imagine how rich they would be off say $500 CL!!

Like if your never going to reward your customer for using the card what's the point in having it.

The best thing I have seen in years coming down the pipe is the 5% they are going to start giving card holders on every purchase

Yes, I agree and support a $500 CL for the customers that are with Target for a year or more. It gives them an incentive to go to Target for shopping. If not just drop the card and ask customers to use their regular credit card. I dont even bother going to Target, if I have to use other card to pay for shopping since I can not use their own card to shop there. I have been using Walmart lot more than Target.

Message 9 of 20
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Was thinking of getting target card. Do they always start with $200 CL?

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.