cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oh Amex, are you going to report now or next statement??

tag
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: oh Amex, are you going to report now or next statement??

@newmomnewme wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

I opened mine on Jan 11, they reported with the 2nd statement cut. I PIF'ed both months before statement cut and had a 50% amex UT on my 61x and got 3x.

good to know. i didn't have enough info to push it through my primary bank and NFCU takes a few days to do balance transfers...so I am stuck, it will report at 50% for me as well.  Smiley Sad We shall see...my 61st day is 4/4 I think. There are a few members who all got cards on the same evening...LOL

+1 on pushing payment from the bank side. I'm like you, multiple payments every month to keep balance low. I logged in to my account and clicked the chat now button. The AMEX person can walk you through using online bill pay through your bank to make a payment and ensure it gets credited properly.

Message 11 of 16
dabearsv2
Contributor

Interesting that AMEX gives people such issues!

I was approved for a BCP on 3/7, and my statement cut date is 3/19. I hope it doesnt report, because I didn't realize the cut date would be so soon and I have a few small charges sitting on the card (no time to push thru from bank account).

I will keep an eye on this thread for others to report back, so I know what to expect.

Current Scores: TU 760, EX 718, EQ 726
Goal: 750 across the board!
My Wallet: CSP 23.8k, AMEX SPG 15k, AMEX BCP 12.9k, Barclay AAviator Red 10k, USBank Club Carlson 10k, BankAmericard Cash Rewards 10k, Citi Plat AA WEMC 7.9k, Chase Freedom 5k, Barclay AAviator Red v2 5k, Chase Hyatt 5k, Amex PRG
Message 12 of 16
BootStraps
Established Contributor

I guess it is hit or miss.

I opened a Gold Charge on 2/12. The statement date was 3/14 and it reported on TU today.

Starting Score: All Under 590 (8/2011)
Current Score: Ex: 676 Eq: 681 Tu: 683
Goal Score: Ex: 725 Eq: 725 Tu: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Back in the Garden 4/22/16 Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 16
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Update: Approved 2/1, used it lots and was wondering when it would ever report and what possible impact it would have on my scores.....welp, BCE reported 3/22 with a balance 2200/5k and I got a 2 point bump. AAoA went from 6.5 to 7.2 years. Maybe when the PRG reports it will be better?!?!? I just thought I would get more than 2 points for 20 year history. No complaints. Maybe when I pay it down it will help.

Best wishes all!!! #gardenstrong

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:

Message 14 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@newmomnewme wrote:

Update: Approved 2/1, used it lots and was wondering when it would ever report and what possible impact it would have on my scores.....welp, BCE reported 3/22 with a balance 2200/5k and I got a 2 point bump. AAoA went from 6.5 to 7.2 years. Maybe when the PRG reports it will be better?!?!? I just thought I would get more than 2 points for 20 year history. No complaints. Maybe when I pay it down it will help.

Remember you aren't getting 20 years of history but 6 months (AAOA 6.5 to 7.2 years) also the high util isn't helping. 

Message 15 of 16
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@newmomnewme wrote:

Remember you aren't getting 20 years of history but 6 months (AAOA 6.5 to 7.2 years) also the high util isn't helping. 

Thanks Lexie. Will the charge ever report?  I am going to PIF BCE before attempting the 3xCLI on 4/4. Wish me luck!!!

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.