cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oh so tempting

Frequent Contributor
50.201.238.178

oh so tempting

hmmm i have come to the conclusion this forum is the work of the dark overlords. its ever so tempting to go on app spree seening all the new credit floating around, between hp cli recons, new app approvals  and pc's. i must resist i was already bad and stupid in feb and got a store card Smiley Sad but it did end up getting me a $90 toaster for $10.59 and free dress shirt... yea i know im just trying to justify my momement of weakness.  i want BCE had zync fall of 11 and got the NPSL version, i had to dust it off since the packs are no more i took my autopays off it and swapped to my barcalys so i get 2x on them. but i think my shot at BCE is near 0 as of my last pull i have 2 paid collections showing i believe1  ages off after this month the other late this yr score is sitting at 675 cause of store card  over all ult is about 10% because of my toy limits, but i am starting to see some auto love from discover. im hoping barclays loves me this summer.

 

amazon store card 2500- fall 2010

discover 1900- summer 2012

barclay 1300 early 2013

credit union 1200 fall of 2011

credit one 1150 fall 2010- i know i knowi should shred it will next yr or when i get a fat cli bump from someone or amx gives me BCE

zync- high bal 2500 fall 2011

retail store 1000 feb 2013

 

i also have some old positve accounts from 99-2002 that are closed but still help my aaoa they will start falling off in a few yrs though, as for baddies most are aging off by fall of this yr someone will tell me not to go near BCE till next yr right????

Amx BCE-15k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-10.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-19k, Khols-2k
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES
Mega Contributor
50.201.238.178

Re: oh so tempting


phillyguy12 wrote:

hmmm i have come to the conclusion this forum is the work of the dark overlords. its ever so tempting to go on app spree seening all the new credit floating around, between hp cli recons, new app approvals  and pc's. i must resist i was already bad and stupid in feb and got a store card Smiley Sad but it did end up getting me a $90 toaster for $10.59 and free dress shirt... yea i know im just trying to justify my momement of weakness.  i want BCE had zync fall of 11 and got the NPSL version, i had to dust it off since the packs are no more i took my autopays off it and swapped to my barcalys so i get 2x on them. but i think my shot at BCE is near 0 as of my last pull i have 2 paid collections showing i believe1  ages off after this month the other late this yr score is sitting at 675 cause of store card  over all ult is about 10% because of my toy limits, but i am starting to see some auto love from discover. im hoping barclays loves me this summer.

 

amazon store card 2500- fall 2010

discover 1900- summer 2012

barclay 1300 early 2013

credit union 1200 fall of 2011

credit one 1150 fall 2010- i know i knowi should shred it will next yr or when i get a fat cli bump from someone or amx gives me BCE

zync- high bal 2500 fall 2011

retail store 1000 feb 2013

 

i also have some old positve accounts from 99-2002 that are closed but still help my aaoa they will start falling off in a few yrs though, as for baddies most are aging off by fall of this yr someone will tell me not to go near BCE till next yr right????


I think I would jump in the Garden and try BCE next year. You have a strong lineup of cards but some are new. The collections being gone will definitely work to your favor!




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 15
Super Contributor
50.201.238.178

Re: oh so tempting


LS2982 wrote:

phillyguy12 wrote:

hmmm i have come to the conclusion this forum is the work of the dark overlords. its ever so tempting to go on app spree seening all the new credit floating around, between hp cli recons, new app approvals  and pc's. i must resist i was already bad and stupid in feb and got a store card Smiley Sad but it did end up getting me a $90 toaster for $10.59 and free dress shirt... yea i know im just trying to justify my momement of weakness.  i want BCE had zync fall of 11 and got the NPSL version, i had to dust it off since the packs are no more i took my autopays off it and swapped to my barcalys so i get 2x on them. but i think my shot at BCE is near 0 as of my last pull i have 2 paid collections showing i believe1  ages off after this month the other late this yr score is sitting at 675 cause of store card  over all ult is about 10% because of my toy limits, but i am starting to see some auto love from discover. im hoping barclays loves me this summer.

 

amazon store card 2500- fall 2010

discover 1900- summer 2012

barclay 1300 early 2013

credit union 1200 fall of 2011

credit one 1150 fall 2010- i know i knowi should shred it will next yr or when i get a fat cli bump from someone or amx gives me BCE

zync- high bal 2500 fall 2011

retail store 1000 feb 2013

 

i also have some old positve accounts from 99-2002 that are closed but still help my aaoa they will start falling off in a few yrs though, as for baddies most are aging off by fall of this yr someone will tell me not to go near BCE till next yr right????


I think I would jump in the Garden and try BCE next year. You have a strong lineup of cards but some are new. The collections being gone will definitely work to your favor!


What LS said is the best plan of attack

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 15
Blogger
50.201.238.178

Re: oh so tempting

You recently got approved for Barclays, and you already have an Amex. I would think that you have a good shot at the BCE - a denial would do you no harm anyway. Unless you are planning to take out a big loan in the next year or 2, by all means go for it.

Message 4 of 15
Frequent Contributor
50.201.238.178

Re: oh so tempting

i am thinking the earliest i would try for it would be after 6 month mark w/ barclays dont want aa from them, and i want them to show me some auto love this summer too, my fear is if i were to app for BCE now it would auto decline or just end up being another 1000 limit or less i remember the days when i would get a card w/ an inital limit of 2500 with next to no income, those days are long gone though, at least for me. but yea i think i will stay in the garden till next yr.

Amx BCE-15k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-10.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-19k, Khols-2k
Message 5 of 15
Super Contributor
50.201.238.178

Re: oh so tempting


phillyguy12 wrote:

i am thinking the earliest i would try for it would be after 6 month mark w/ barclays dont want aa from them, and i want them to show me some auto love this summer too, my fear is if i were to app for BCE now it would auto decline or just end up being another 1000 limit or less i remember the days when i would get a card w/ an inital limit of 2500 with next to no income, those days are long gone though, at least for me. but yea i think i will stay in the garden till next yr.


Garden awhile and the days of those limits will return trust me.

I too am waiting on the 6 month mark to see if barclay will show me some love my 6 month is in June

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 15
Frequent Contributor
50.201.238.178

Re: oh so tempting

Patience you need... but enough with the Yoda impersonation.  I agree with LS, garden and show love to your Barclay's card for the next 6-12 months (if that is when the collections fall off).  Then after your garden grows a bit, I would go for the BCE.  Since you have a Zync, its a sp if you are denied .. and if you are denied you'll know what to work on!

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 7 of 15
Moderator
50.201.238.178

Re: oh so tempting


HiLine wrote:

You recently got approved for Barclays, and you already have an Amex. I would think that you have a good shot at the BCE - a denial would do you no harm anyway. Unless you are planning to take out a big loan in the next year or 2, by all means go for it.


+1

 

Amex is the exception, 99% of existing member apps only get a SP for a denial and I can't imagine looking at the OP's profile that his would fall into the 1%.  TBH I suspect he'd get approved as long as income is fine and good history on the Zync which appears to be the case. 

 

OP: I agree that the forum is something of a temptress when it comes to being "good" but there are certain cases, and I think this is likely one if as HiLine suggests you have nothing important credit-wise coming up for the next year, to take a swing.  If it doesn't work, then wait until January next year to take another shot as others have recommended.

 

Paid collections are bad FICO-wise, but somewhat to mostly ignored by lenders.  Getting righteous eventually is in a whole different underwriting classification than never paying it back at all, and from the sounds of it your blemishes are long since in your past.  

 

 

Starting Score: EQ 5 561, TU 98 567, EX 2 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 5 771, TU 4 758, EX 2 758, EQ 8 795, TU 8 762, EX 8 786 (7/28/17)
Goal Score:    EQ 5 750, TU 4 750, EX 2 750, EQ 8 800, TU 8 Blah, EX 8 800 (01/01/18)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 15
Frequent Contributor
50.201.238.178

Re: oh so tempting

i think im gonna wait till at least the fall because between now and sept i have a paid collection,a  charge off setlled less than full bal and a pd in full charge off, all falling off then i will just have 1 pd collection falling off in 14 and 2 120+ lates on sallie mae hanging out there scheduled to go positive in 2015, im working w/ consumer advocate to see if i can get them removed but not sounding hopeful, she said they dont remove accurate info any more, but is looking into the accounts further because i had auto pay setup on another account and there was forebarance at one point on the accounts in question if they come back no dice i am going to see if the time frame is right because they dont look right

Amx BCE-15k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-10.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-19k, Khols-2k
Message 9 of 15
Valued Contributor
50.201.238.178

Re: oh so tempting


phillyguy12 wrote:

hmmm i have come to the conclusion this forum is the work of the dark overlords. its ever so tempting to go on app spree seening all the new credit floating around, between hp cli recons, new app approvals  and pc's. i must resist i was already bad and stupid in feb and got a store card Smiley Sad but it did end up getting me a $90 toaster for $10.59 and free dress shirt... yea i know im just trying to justify my momement of weakness.  i want BCE had zync fall of 11 and got the NPSL version, i had to dust it off since the packs are no more i took my autopays off it and swapped to my barcalys so i get 2x on them. but i think my shot at BCE is near 0 as of my last pull i have 2 paid collections showing i believe1  ages off after this month the other late this yr score is sitting at 675 cause of store card  over all ult is about 10% because of my toy limits, but i am starting to see some auto love from discover. im hoping barclays loves me this summer.

 

amazon store card 2500- fall 2010

discover 1900- summer 2012

barclay 1300 early 2013

credit union 1200 fall of 2011

credit one 1150 fall 2010- i know i knowi should shred it will next yr or when i get a fat cli bump from someone or amx gives me BCE

zync- high bal 2500 fall 2011

retail store 1000 feb 2013

 

i also have some old positve accounts from 99-2002 that are closed but still help my aaoa they will start falling off in a few yrs though, as for baddies most are aging off by fall of this yr someone will tell me not to go near BCE till next yr right????


I know what you mean...reading posts of people getting 5 approvals in a week doesn't help to motivate you to stay in the garden...Smiley Frustrated

 photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 10 of 15