cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ok guys, in the garden i go (i think)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ok guys, in the garden i go (i think)

I just got fnbo Amex.i regret it. Crappiest card in my wallet. Lowest line I have 1000, only 1% back, and a 19 af.probably not keeping it.
Message 41 of 44
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
did you get the same message?

Yep, it was the 'standard' 7-10 day language.  Just enough to make me think there was a chance... although in my case I was fairly sure there wasn't. 

Before my app I didn't realize the AAA card apparently only comes in 'Signature', so I assume it also has a $5k minimum credit line which probably didn't help my situation, either (my income is modest).  Had a 'platinum' version been available I might have got in under the line.  A modest income combined with two old COs did me in, although the letter they sent only referenced the old charge offs.

The terms on the AAA card's page list that it can indeed come in a Platinum version with a sub 5k limit, so I don't think that was the issue. Of course, a 1k limit or something on an AAA card is only nominally useful if one has a large travel expense they want to charge with it etc.

Message 42 of 44
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
did you get the same message?

Yep, it was the 'standard' 7-10 day language.  Just enough to make me think there was a chance... although in my case I was fairly sure there wasn't. 

Before my app I didn't realize the AAA card apparently only comes in 'Signature', so I assume it also has a $5k minimum credit line which probably didn't help my situation, either (my income is modest).  Had a 'platinum' version been available I might have got in under the line.  A modest income combined with two old COs did me in, although the letter they sent only referenced the old charge offs.

The terms on the AAA card's page list that it can indeed come in a Platinum version with a sub 5k limit, so I don't think that was the issue. Of course, a 1k limit or something on an AAA card is only nominally useful if one has a large travel expense they want to charge with it etc.

Yeah, I agree but the page I applied at was different from what I see now when I go back and revisit it... it's strange (I went back and checked the site when I got the letter, and the site was different then). 

I suspected the credit line was partially the issue because my denial letter specifically said I was denied for the Signature version; there was no mention of platinum.  Possibly they've changed/updated it since my app back in the summer?  Of course the letter stated my two COs from six years ago as the reason for the denial, so I can only speculate on anything else.  You're right, though that being approved for a $1K limit on the card would have been about the same as a denial... in a way, it all worked out for the best.

Either way, my Sam's Club MasterCard has filled the gap quite well, so it's BoA's loss, not mine... LOL  Smiley Very Happy

Message 43 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

so that dumb BofA app was a no go lol.
Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.