Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one day late on boa credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: one day late on boa credit card

There are legal requirements the CRAs and lenders have to follow for credit reporting (you'll see references to the many acronyms on these boards). The 30/60/90 day lates refer to missed payment from the due date, so one day late is not going to show as a 30. 

Message 11 of 15
notmyname
Regular Contributor

It won't hurt at the bureaus, but remember they will hold it against you internally and best not to do a second time in twelve months.

Good luck,

NMN

Message 12 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

notmyname wrote:

It won't hurt at the bureaus, but remember they will hold it against you internally and best not to do a second time in twelve months.

Good luck,

NMN

Oh, yeah, I'll bet that my rescuer told me a dozen times that if it happens again, wham!

I just kept groveling. I felt like a 15-year-old caught sneaking in late. Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
i was one day late on paying my boa credit card, does boa count that as a 30 day late? i know chase doesn't but capital one does for example.

I was late on my payments with Cap1 lots of times when I was in college, 5-8 years ago, but I have no 30 day lates, so I don't think Cap1 does it universally.  

You will probably get the late fee and rate jack, but if this is an unusual occurance for you, call then and ask to see if they will waive it.  You would probably have a good chance.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Watch out I heard the latest is B of A counts payments after 2:00 pm on the due date as "late"

How ridiculous.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.