Reply
Established Contributor
FloridaState12
Posts: 614
Registered: ‎08-24-2011
0

Re: one minute after midnight...


LesWH wrote:

kevinjjc wrote:

+1  Be careful with the time zone differences. The app will most likely be time stamped with AmEx's server time. Not sure where that is.


I never thought about that!! I'm East Coast and AMEX is located in Fort Lauderdale, so I didn't even think about that!!


I think their cards come from Omaha, which is an hour behind east coast time...not sure if that matters or not. I'd wait a few hours until all the time zones in the US are past midnight, just to be safe.

Photobucket
Established Contributor
LesWH
Posts: 608
Registered: ‎10-11-2012
0

Re: one minute after midnight...


FloridaState12 wrote:

LesWH wrote:

kevinjjc wrote:

+1  Be careful with the time zone differences. The app will most likely be time stamped with AmEx's server time. Not sure where that is.


I never thought about that!! I'm East Coast and AMEX is located in Fort Lauderdale, so I didn't even think about that!!


I think their cards come from Omaha, which is an hour behind east coast time...not sure if that matters or not. I'd wait a few hours until all the time zones in the US are past midnight, just to be safe.


You are probably right.  I had my champagne all lined up for when I press that send button 1 minute after midnight! LOL!  Guess I'll just be drinking champagne at that time!


NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014






Valued Contributor
creditnocash
Posts: 2,255
Registered: ‎07-23-2012
0

Re: one minute after midnight...

ill be apping in the morning for giggles. 

but ill be expecting a big fat denial unless they use an old soft that will result in a hard pull that will be denied due to my higher then usualy utility. 

 

but in the 4 months ive had my zync ive put about 4k through and obviously pif. 

Current: Discover Fico 701 10/14 Walmart Fico 689 9/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 3 TU 0 EX 0 | Most Recent: 09/26/2014


2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Valued Contributor
nicholasyud
Posts: 1,737
Registered: ‎08-13-2012
0

Re: one minute after midnight...

I would wait till Wed.

HAte to apps on holiday day. Can't recon and your apps stuck at nervous and worry. Past experience, i app for my Discover on black friday after a few drinks and bump......got stuck and worry through black friday ;-(


Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800


Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

Valued Contributor
kevinjjc
Posts: 1,374
Registered: ‎01-14-2009
0

Re: one minute after midnight...


LesWH wrote:

FloridaState12 wrote:

LesWH wrote:

kevinjjc wrote:

+1  Be careful with the time zone differences. The app will most likely be time stamped with AmEx's server time. Not sure where that is.


I never thought about that!! I'm East Coast and AMEX is located in Fort Lauderdale, so I didn't even think about that!!


I think their cards come from Omaha, which is an hour behind east coast time...not sure if that matters or not. I'd wait a few hours until all the time zones in the US are past midnight, just to be safe.


You are probably right.  I had my champagne all lined up for when I press that send button 1 minute after midnight! LOL!  Guess I'll just be drinking champagne at that time!


Good decision, better safe than sorry. Enjoy the New Year's Eve celebration!!!

Established Contributor
TNTransplant
Posts: 772
Registered: ‎01-03-2012
0

Re: one minute after midnight...

Do be careful with this...

 

I'm in the Eastern time zone, but all of my payments to Amex post as Pacific time.


Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Frequent Contributor
bigman023
Posts: 254
Registered: ‎05-15-2009
0

Re: one minute after midnight...

Hate to sound like a putz, but what's the benefit of apping on Jan.1. 

5/2009 EQ-504(FICO), TU98-567(FICO), EX- 503 (FAKO)
10/17/11 EQ-633, TU04-652, EX-681 All lender Pulls
10/17/11 TU98-678
12/21/2012 TU98-677 (39% Util)
01/21/2012 EQ - 661 (37% Util) SW Alert
Established Contributor
Exonumist
Posts: 601
Registered: ‎07-03-2012
0

Re: one minute after midnight...

 


bigman023 wrote:

Hate to sound like a putz, but what's the benefit of apping on Jan.1. 


 

 


 


Assuming you already have a card with Amex it will be backdated to January of whatever year you first opened an account. So for example if I were to apply tomorrow when the new tradeline started reporting it looks as if the account were actually opened in January of 2012 rather than January 2013. If you first had a card with them in 1990 it would report as January 1990. It just helps with aaoa.



Established Contributor
adavis425
Posts: 525
Registered: ‎02-14-2012
0

Re: one minute after midnight...

[ Edited ]

TNTransplant wrote:

Do be careful with this...

 

I'm in the Eastern time zone, but all of my payments to Amex post as Pacific time.


I'm Eastern too and my payments post Mountain time. :smileyindifferent:

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP


Valued Contributor
ryanbush
Posts: 1,292
Registered: ‎08-19-2012
0

Re: one minute after midnight...

I would bet that even if you app'd tonight you account would actually be set up on the 2nd or 3rd...  just my guess though

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}