Did you mean: 

one minute after midnight...UPDATED!!

tag
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Re: one minute after midnight...

@LesWH wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:

+1  Be careful with the time zone differences. The app will most likely be time stamped with AmEx's server time. Not sure where that is.

I never thought about that!! I'm East Coast and AMEX is located in Fort Lauderdale, so I didn't even think about that!!

I think their cards come from Omaha, which is an hour behind east coast time...not sure if that matters or not. I'd wait a few hours until all the time zones in the US are past midnight, just to be safe.

Photobucket
Message 11 of 38
LesWH
Established Contributor

@FloridaState12 wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:

+1  Be careful with the time zone differences. The app will most likely be time stamped with AmEx's server time. Not sure where that is.

I never thought about that!! I'm East Coast and AMEX is located in Fort Lauderdale, so I didn't even think about that!!

I think their cards come from Omaha, which is an hour behind east coast time...not sure if that matters or not. I'd wait a few hours until all the time zones in the US are past midnight, just to be safe.

You are probably right.  I had my champagne all lined up for when I press that send button 1 minute after midnight! LOL!  Guess I'll just be drinking champagne at that time!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 12 of 38
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

ill be apping in the morning for giggles. 

but ill be expecting a big fat denial unless they use an old soft that will result in a hard pull that will be denied due to my higher then usualy utility. 

but in the 4 months ive had my zync ive put about 4k through and obviously pif. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 13 of 38
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

I would wait till Wed.

HAte to apps on holiday day. Can't recon and your apps stuck at nervous and worry. Past experience, i app for my Discover on black friday after a few drinks and bump......got stuck and worry through black friday ;-(

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 14 of 38
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

@FloridaState12 wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:

You are probably right.  I had my champagne all lined up for when I press that send button 1 minute after midnight! LOL!  Guess I'll just be drinking champagne at that time!

Good decision, better safe than sorry. Enjoy the New Year's Eve celebration!!!

Message 15 of 38
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Do be careful with this...

I'm in the Eastern time zone, but all of my payments to Amex post as Pacific time.

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 16 of 38
bigman023
Frequent Contributor

Hate to sound like a putz, but what's the benefit of apping on Jan.1. 

5/2009 EQ-504(FICO), TU98-567(FICO), EX- 503 (FAKO)
10/17/11 EQ-633, TU04-652, EX-681 All lender Pulls
10/17/11 TU98-678
12/21/2012 TU98-677 (39% Util)
01/21/2012 EQ - 661 (37% Util) SW Alert
Message 17 of 38
Exonumist
Established Contributor

@bigman023 wrote:

Hate to sound like a putz, but what's the benefit of apping on Jan.1. 

Assuming you already have a card with Amex it will be backdated to January of whatever year you first opened an account. So for example if I were to apply tomorrow when the new tradeline started reporting it looks as if the account were actually opened in January of 2012 rather than January 2013. If you first had a card with them in 1990 it would report as January 1990. It just helps with aaoa.

Message 18 of 38
adavis425
Established Contributor

@TNTransplant wrote:

Do be careful with this...

I'm in the Eastern time zone, but all of my payments to Amex post as Pacific time.

I'm Eastern too and my payments post Mountain time. Smiley Indifferent

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 19 of 38
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

I would bet that even if you app'd tonight you account would actually be set up on the 2nd or 3rd...  just my guess though

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.