Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one step closer to Amex

tag
quest208
Frequent Contributor

one step closer to Amex

i was calling  american express because the account number they gave me (my account number) was wrong.   ive been on the phone with them for the past few days, just compiling information.....i dont know if anyone remembers my thread where i stated i have a balance going back to like 2002 and i made a random call to amex stating i wanted to (finally) pay off the balance.

today's call.

me:  "thanks for the information i appreciate it. before i go i actually have another question.  after i make my payment in full do you know how long i would have to wait before applying for the same card?   i was told that i can't get the same card but i can apply for a new one."

Amex Rep: "well actually we have your approval offer for an Optima card....."

i cant remember exactly what she said word for word but  basically once i make payment on the full balance i can call and ask them to send my pre-approval to my new address.  she said the best thing to do is to call the number, which she gave me, and once i make payment in full they can send me the offer in the mail or take my application.  the balance will be between $500 to $5,000.   she then said she will read me my pre-approval offer and she literally sat there and read it.

she did say i still need to apply for it though.

its no victory, yet, but i can smell it.

further reason for me to stay in the garden.  i need to take care of my japanese maples and hydrangeas...get the soil ready for my amex

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Skinnyminnie
Regular Contributor

Re: one step closer to Amex

That's exciting news!  Keep us updated for sure.

Message 2 of 9
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

Way to go! Let your inqs drop and you'll be good for any of their cards. And nice that you'll be able to backdate too...

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 4 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@quest208 wrote:

i was calling  american express because the account number they gave me (my account number) was wrong.   ive been on the phone with them for the past few days, just compiling information.....i dont know if anyone remembers my thread where i stated i have a balance going back to like 2002 and i made a random call to amex stating i wanted to (finally) pay off the balance.

today's call.

me:  "thanks for the information i appreciate it. before i go i actually have another question.  after i make my payment in full do you know how long i would have to wait before applying for the same card?   i was told that i can't get the same card but i can apply for a new one."

i cant remember exactly what she said word for word but  basically once i make payment on the full balance i can call and ask them to send my pre-approval to my new address.  she said the best thing to do is to call the number, which she gave me, and once i make payment in full they can send me the offer in the mail or take my application.  the balance will be between $500 to $5,000.   she then said she will read me my pre-approval offer and she literally sat there and read it.

further reason for me to stay in the garden.  i need to take care of my japanese maples and hydrangeas...get the soil ready for my amex

wtg!!

I gotta wait at least 6 months now that I have Barclays but I really want AMEX in my garden!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 9
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@quest208 wrote:

today's call.

wtg!!

I gotta wait at least 6 months now that I have Barclays but I really want AMEX in my garden!

You'll make it, LS -- I have a very good feeling about this.

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 6 of 9
quest208
Frequent Contributor

no more apps for you LS, and i see Amex in your......OUR ........ future!

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 7 of 9
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like your garden is going to be ready for an Amex very soon! Take good care of that soil, and keeping my fingers crossed for you...

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 8 of 9
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@quest208 wrote:

no more apps for you LS, and i see Amex in your......OUR ........ future!

Yep, you'll both get there before long! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.