Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oops, GM Capital One Declined

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

oops, GM Capital One Declined

I may have gone to the website and applied before I could think to myself WHY!

it was instantly declined

EQ 647

They list BK and to many INQ's and new accounts as denial reasons

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: oops, GM Capital One Declined

lol "shaking my head"

I thought your BK was supposed to fall off your credit reports by now?

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@notfancy wrote:

lol "shaking my head"

IT DID, just not EQ! They have taken upon themselves to report such baddies for the full 10 years vs. 7.  They are even reporting a regular credit account for 10 years instead of 7! they are a terrible corrupt company in my opinion

Message 3 of 20
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@notfancy wrote:

lol "shaking my head"

IT DID, just not EQ! They have taken upon themselves to report such baddies for the full 10 years vs. 7.  They are even reporting a regular credit account for 10 years instead of 7! they are a terrible corrupt company in my opinion

wow, that's not good. Have you considered filing a complaint with the CFPB? http://www.consumerfinance.gov/ I sure as heck would!

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Message 4 of 20
notfancy
Valued Contributor

edit- regular credit accounts I thought always reported for 10 as long as they're in good standing though?

Message 5 of 20
fedxboy
Established Contributor

You just keep shooting yourself in the foot by applying for anything anymore. 

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 6 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@fedxboy wrote:

You just keep shooting yourself in the foot by applying for anything anymore. 

I don't loose points anymore because Fico doesn't calculate this many INQ's but yes I do put myself further down the list for those that are concerned about INQ's and the new accounts that I open that have not aged enough yet are hurting me with those that want to see history... The good thing is many of my first round of opening of new accounts (comenity cards mostly are coming up on 6 months)

Message 7 of 20
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@notfancy wrote:

lol "shaking my head"

I mean... really! Come on now. lol

Message 8 of 20
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I may have gone to the website and applied before I could think to myself WHY!

it was instantly declined

EQ 647

They list BK and to many INQ's and new accounts as denial reasons

anyone else see the irony in being denied a gm card for bk

Message 9 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Kenny, they are the only credit agency that can see an error but not allow you to remove it and not allow you dispute things under the right context so that the automated systems don't come back confirmed.
I have spoke with the exec office and she stopped talking when I pointed out the things they were doing that kept them just on the ledge of staying compliant with fair credit reporting but it didn't mean it was ethical... You need an attorney to get around that company for what you deserve with baddies.
Many threads and other posters have encountered the same issues that I have I'm not just belly aching.
I actually thought my EQ was frozen but clearly just another system fail from EQ because I have the confirmation that it was and I paid $10... I have to go find which credit card I charged and see if it's there
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.