cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open card then closed immediately what happen?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: open card then closed immediately what happen?

Thank you guys...Yup lesson learned and never beleived what you read.  Once the statement cut off I will let everyone know if this closed account report it or not.  Im sure it will but just wanted to see how it turn out.

Message 11 of 13
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The other card are now closed, and I was wondering if this will effect my AAoA will it report to my credit file?

There's a sticky for that.  See the Closing Credit Cards thread linked in the Helpful Threads sticky.

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm aware I already got hit with inquiry but i didn't get ding with the score, in fact I got increase a few point becuase of the inquiry.  BUT I am sure I will get ding on score once the account report because of the new credit line.

That's incorrectly assumed causality.  HP's can have little impact depending on credit profile but they do not improve scores.  You're overlooking other changes in you report.  To determine the causes of any scoring change you need to carefully review reports from before and after the change.

@Anonymous wrote:

Also would the combined impact my score, or should i call them back to keep both cards and revised my request?

Your score is based on the standard factors so it all depends on how combining impacted those factors.

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

Combing limits doesn't change your revolving utiliation.  It's really opening the new account that impacted your scores.

@Anonymous wrote:

Even though I closed the account immediately and never used the card its still reporting? 

Whether you activate or use the card or close it immediately does not matter.  If you apply you should be prepared to have the account report when approved.

@Anonymous wrote:

IF this is the case then I think I would revised my request and have both account so i build relationship with them?

Some would say yes but you don't need to rely on relationship.  If your credit supports an approval, CLI or APR reduction you'll get one.  If it does not, you won't.  Relationship may help a little in some situations but it will not make or break an approval on its own.

You've already made the changes.  Next time carefully research before taking action.

Message 12 of 13
egaithe
Regular Contributor

I did this once, and my credit score went up. $350 limit with HSBC.

EQ-660, TU-687, EX-646
Goal: 750s in all
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.