Not applicable

Re: opening 3 credit cards in the same day

appreciate the replies

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks im just nervous because i dont want to drop down into the 600s. i guess i should have done some more research first before applying for 3 cards in the same day

I doubt this will drop you into the 600s. And long-term, having several accounts with a solid history will make your AAoA more resilient, so I wouldn't say it was a bad move.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only lost like 3-8 points when I added a card. my AAoA went from 5.2 years to 5 but my score quickly rebounded by like 12 points.  I woudnt be too concerned. Congrats on your new cards! Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 18
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the 3 new cards!  Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

with that AAoA i am surprised you even lost points. i only lost 5 points on TU from getting 5 new accounts in 2 months. my other scores remained untouched and my AAoA is like 2 years
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks everybody. when all three of them report ill update and let everyone know how it went.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
with that AAoA i am surprised you even lost points. i only lost 5 points on TU from getting 5 new accounts in 2 months. my other scores remained untouched and my AAoA is like 2 years

well i should say thats what my best guess is for losing a couple points. nothings really changed in my profile except the addition of a new card. 

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. Each credit card application effects the number of inquiries on your credit profile. The 3 new accounts may effect your AAoA. The new CLs will help decrease your utilization.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.