Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

orbitz

tag
boonelb
Regular Contributor

orbitz

does orbitz really require excellent credit?  its listed as excellent credit needed on cap one.  or is cap ones defination of excellent as crappy as their cli's?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: orbitz

They define what they mean:

I have not been more than 60 days late on any credit card, medical bill, or loan in the last year

AND

I have never declared bankruptcy or defaulted on a loan

AND

I have had a loan or credit card for 3 years or more with a credit limit above $5,000

So you need experience with a 5K CL, never defaulted or had a BK, and nothing too bad in the last year.   So not necessarily 760+ FICO.....

Message 2 of 12
colindidit
Established Contributor

The orbitz cap one? I have that and I got approved and when I did my credit score was not good at all so I'm not sure..
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 3 of 12
boonelb
Regular Contributor

I dont have a 3 yr old credit line of 5000 but I got instant approval so I was surprised when I got approved only 500 but an approval.  side note I do have a 4 month old car loan with them

Message 4 of 12
colindidit
Established Contributor

500 is what I got too.. Credit steps to 750 in 6 months .. Currently waiting to hear back to see if I got the CLI
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 5 of 12
boonelb
Regular Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

I have not been more than 60 days late on any credit card, medical bill, or loan in the last year    check

AND

I have never declared bankruptcy or defaulted on a loan  nope almost 7 yr old repo

AND

I have had a loan or credit card for 3 years or more with a credit limit above $5,000  no credit lines over 3 yrs old except student loans, not over 5000. 

So you need experience with a 5K CL, never defaulted or had a BK, and nothing too bad in the last year.   So not necessarily 760+ FICO.....

Message 6 of 12
bs6054
Valued Contributor

1 out of 3 is probably good enough!   Usually the 5K thing is because the card is a Visa signature/World Mastercard, and this isn't, so who knows.

Message 7 of 12
sonson
Regular Contributor

I recently got an Orbitz CC, i probably had a TU of 640 and 2 collection accounts and was approved.

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 12
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

I have not been more than 60 days late on any credit card, medical bill, or loan in the last year

AND

I have never declared bankruptcy or defaulted on a loan

AND

I have had a loan or credit card for 3 years or more with a credit limit above $5,000

You can meet this criteria with a mediocre score if for example,  you have high utilization, new accounts, and short AAoA.

Message 9 of 12
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

wonder if they would accept a line thats 3 years + with less then 5k. 

but a line with 5k that was only a year old? 

i noticed on my bureau reports it actually states when i got my cli's. so under manual review i wonder if they can see this as well. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.