Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

orchard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

orchard

Just got my orchard gold! WOOO!  Thank god a bank will help us low credit peeps without charging insane fees!  But my god they sure try to sell that protection plan when you activate your card, good grief.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: orchard

yes I just activated my best buy card also with HSBC and I started laughing during the rep's speel.  LOLOL  She even snickered some.  Smiley Happy  All I could think about was Hauling's post about having to give up the blood of your first born to get it activated.  LOL  Made my day!!!

but yes it is nice that Orchard is there to give us a chance to begin again somewhere.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait until you go to cancel it in a few years, they kept my dh on the phone or 10 minutes trying ot keep his business.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's Orchard Gold?  I have had Orchard MC for 1 year. 
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is sad what they have to do.  Can you imagine that being your job?  I practically had to hang up on the CSR to get her to understand that I did NOT want the protection.  The worst part was, they actually CALLED  BACK.  She said, "I think we got disconnected."  I said, "No, you just won't take no for an answer.  Thank you for your offer, but I graciously DECLINE."  I think they must have a "pit-boss" or mob boss in the organization.
Message 5 of 10
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

Lol they did that when I activated my orchard golds (I have 2).  They also try to sell it to me whenever I call them.  I am about to call to ask them to consolidate my cards, but I am dreading the ‘are you sure you don’t want our protection plan’ drill haha cap 1 did the same thing (2 different kind of products- protection plan and some credit monitoring svc) when I recently activated that card.  Sort of reminds me of the ‘extended warranty’ plans best buy etc. try to pimp to you.

For a subprime card, orchard has been better than most- decent AF, free online pay, good apr, etc.  the only thing I don’t like are the low CLs and they try to charge you for a CLI.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah.  Unfortunately, I have to take what I can get - for right now.  It is funny that they charge you $20 for a $200 CLI.   I think every card has the "credit monitoring" component now.  I just wish NO would mean NO and we could all move on with our daily business.  They give you the shpeel even if you are calling in to check on ANYTHING.  But Orchard is a pretty good card for the subprime deal, it does report regularly to all three bureaus AND it reports the REAL CL.
Message 7 of 10
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

i agree mommy.  i'm keeping my first premiers/orchards @ the original CL (though i'm trying to consolidate them and hope they'll combo both CLs) b/c i just think it's ridiculous to pay 20-25 for a 100-200 CLI.  the cap1 guy was so persistent when i called to activate, i finally just said, 'look, i do NOT want ANY charges or programs on my CC outside of what I CHOOSE to charge' lol he finally gave up.  did the same thing w/the orchard people.  i know they have to offer it, but seriously, no means no the 1st time and no will mean no the 5th time no matter how many different ways you say 'oh, just try it for 30 days etc.'
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

HAHA Reformer.  Actually, no means no the first time.  No means, $#@ no the 5th time.  I really hate the "it's free for 30 days" deal too.  They make it so dang hard to drop after the 30 days, that trying to be nice and use it for 30 days is NOT worth it!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

A "protection plan" doesnt mean crap for me when its a card with a 300 limit!  I wont go over 30% ($90), I have well over $90 in savings lol, if i "got hurt, lost job", or whatever.  It wouldnt hurt me to pay the $90!!!!!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.