Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ouch...BofA CLD

tag
BrandonP
Valued Member

ouch...BofA CLD

Well, checked myfico this morning and noticed my 25k limit was knocked down to 20k. It didn't affect my overall utility too much, 34% to 39%, but still. I'm a little surprised that it was BofA and not Amex or Citi. The only bright side is that i'm sure I can get back in BofA's good graces easily.

Btw, credit scores are in my sig, and the my utilty with BofA was 38%. Probably a tad too high for them.

TU-699 EQ-720
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrandonP
Valued Member

Re: ouch...BofA CLD

Slight turn of events. Turns out I got a BofA Amex card that I applied for almost a month ago. Looking around on my BofA account page and saw it. Its wierd, no call or email, just the 7-10 day message, which I figured was a denial. Basically they took 5k off my other BofA card and gave it to my BofA Amex. Oh well, no biggie. My overall utl is still ok now.
TU-699 EQ-720
Message 12 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

oh no I don't want to hear that from BofA. I'm auth. on a couple cards that are over 50% currently because of BT. In the past people reported getting CLI when they paid BT under 50%, I guess I won't ask and risk being seen!
Message 2 of 12
score_building
Senior Contributor

sorry to hear that, glad it didn't have a major negative impact.  

@BrandonP wrote:

The only bright side is that i'm sure I can get back in BofA's good graces easily.

Really?  how is that- do you just mean by lowering your uti?

Message Edited by score_building on 10-22-2008 01:31 PM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 12
BrandonP
Valued Member

Yea, i'm not using the card right now, so i'm just trying to get the utility down. Plus I have 2 lates coming off in jan and feb so hopefully my score will increase and I won't seem high risk.
TU-699 EQ-720
Message 4 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I was afraid that BofA might be next. Smiley Sad

I was thinking about this on the way home. Those of us who have been on the forums for a year or more will remember how we all thought of AmEx as a cash cow, and we wrote and read innumerable posts about how to maximize AmEx CL's.

So it makes sense that they were the first to pull back, and BofA was the runner-up in generosity for many people.

Ah, well.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 12
Uniqua
Established Contributor

You must have been carrying a balance for a while now??
Message 6 of 12
BrandonP
Valued Member

I've had a balance now for almost a year, so i'm not really surprised. Their credit limit increase were easy come, but hopefully not easy go.
TU-699 EQ-720
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
I was afraid that BofA might be next. Smiley Sad

I was thinking about this on the way home. Those of us who have been on the forums for a year or more will remember how we all thought of AmEx as a cash cow, and we wrote and read innumerable posts about how to maximize AmEx CL's.

So it makes sense that they were the first to pull back, and BofA was the runner-up in generosity for many people.

Ah, well.
I'd been wondering that, too - BofA would kind of make sense, given that they do like giving out crazily high CLs just for the asking (or even the not-asking, in a lot of cases), there's no doubt about that, even though I wouldn't complain about such a CL!
Still... if they're CLDing from $25,000 to $20,000 they're not quite 'doing an AmEx' - a CLD like that is going to sting less than being chopped down to $500, AmEx-stylee!
Sorry, OP - no matter the size of the CLD, it still sucks! Hopefully that CL (and more!) will be easily recoverable before too much time passes. Smiley Happy 

Message 8 of 12
laz98
Senior Contributor

@BrandonP wrote:

Btw, credit scores are in my sig, and the my utilty with BofA was 38%. Probably a tad too high for them.

actually, our boa card is at about 80% right now, due to some darn expensive car repairs.  haven't really had any issues.  last CLI was last september.  since UTIL is up, haven't asked for another.

Message 9 of 12
BrandonP
Valued Member

But how long have you been at 80%? I've had my balance at well over a year now, i'm wondering if thats what did it.
TU-699 EQ-720
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.