Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ouch walmart denied

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: ouch walmart denied

@traveler2005 wrote:

GE money bank from my experience always asks for State of Lic and numberSmiley Happy

well my current license is from florida and i reside in indiana. i need to get it switched over. maybe that is what caused a denial?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 11 of 23
bigtim
Frequent Contributor

I apped in store recently at Ace Hardware. They asked for my DL and a credit card. My address hasn't changed in 8 years so that was good I guess - approved.

I too have heard that apping in-store improves your chances of approval and/or a higher CL, which makes perfect sense to me. I'm betting there is a threshold of sorts where if you were just 'below' approval for an online app, it is a VERY good chance you would have been approved in-store.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Cards:
12/2012 - Discover (ICL 3,375 CLI to 5,375 05/2014)
12/2013 - Chase Freedom (ICL 3,500 ACLI to 4,500 07/2014)
03/2012 - Gander Mountain MC (WFNNB) 7,000 CL
04/2012 - Ace Rewards Visa (US Bank) 12,000 CL
Back to gardening for a year or two
Message 12 of 23
learnin113
Established Contributor

@TeeandDee wrote:

Same thing happened to me and then a month after being denied, I went online to their website and clicked the credit card area and saw I was pre-approved!  I went for it and was approved!  And not much had changed on my report in the month between the denial and the approval....so who knows?! LOL!  Give it a month and check the website from time to time to see if a pre-approval shows up. Also, you may want to try applying in the store. I've read on here that some of been denied online then approved when they applied instore.  Good luck!

I've never seen this.  Where are the preapprovals exactly and is this for all GE accounts?

Message 13 of 23
oracles
Valued Contributor

@learnin113 wrote:

@TeeandDee wrote:

Same thing happened to me and then a month after being denied, I went online to their website and clicked the credit card area and saw I was pre-approved!  I went for it and was approved!  And not much had changed on my report in the month between the denial and the approval....so who knows?! LOL!  Give it a month and check the website from time to time to see if a pre-approval shows up. Also, you may want to try applying in the store. I've read on here that some of been denied online then approved when they applied instore.  Good luck!

I've never seen this.  Where are the preapprovals exactly and is this for all GE accounts?

i would like to know this also

Message 14 of 23
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@oracles wrote:

@learnin113 wrote:

@TeeandDee wrote:

i would like to know this also

Anybody know about this??

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 23
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I'm curious as well like the above posters....sorry, I'm on mobile so can't copy
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 16 of 23
bigtim
Frequent Contributor

I'm not sure if the pre-approval link and in-store application are necessarily connected. I had a a Wal-mart online account for some time and one day was on there to make a purchase and I saw the pre-approved link, followed it through and was approved, which I how I started rebuilding my credit. That was a few years back (3+ I think). I had never done an in-store app prior to that, so I think Wal-mart just does soft pulls on you from time-to-time and if you qualify, you see the offer. The offer may or may not be more likely based on a prior in-store app but it's definitely not exclusive to those who've done them.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Cards:
12/2012 - Discover (ICL 3,375 CLI to 5,375 05/2014)
12/2013 - Chase Freedom (ICL 3,500 ACLI to 4,500 07/2014)
03/2012 - Gander Mountain MC (WFNNB) 7,000 CL
04/2012 - Ace Rewards Visa (US Bank) 12,000 CL
Back to gardening for a year or two
Message 17 of 23
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

GECRB is very recon sensitive I've heard. Unfortunately you gotta wait 6 months before reapplying for any GECRB branded cards.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 18 of 23
luckelle
Regular Contributor

It does seem to be strange how some one with scores higher than mine get denied for GE cards. It all seems a bit confusing but I hope the in store apping helps fico members.

Starting Score: 5/2012 TU 595, EQ 565, EX fako 547
Current Score:as of 9/2012, TU 626,Walmart 612, EQ 600, EX fako 623
Goal Score: 640 by dec 2013
BofA Au 13000, Amazon 600, Capt1 300, Walmart 150
When all else fails pay it!

Message 19 of 23
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@luckelle wrote:

It does seem to be strange how some one with scores higher than mine get denied for GE cards. It all seems a bit confusing but I hope the in store apping helps fico members.

It seems like a YMMV kinda thing *shrug*

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.