Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paperless statement versus special offer

tag
etothejomegan
Valued Member

paperless statement versus special offer

If we sign up for paperless statements, do we risk not getting special offers for your existing cards/offers for new cards?

I've noticed a significant decline of those after I started using paperless for everything. Is there another place to find those offers?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: paperless statement versus special offer

Do you mean the prequalify mail offers and things like that? I don't think paperless statements have anything to do with those. There is an opt/in out website though (the link is in one of the stickies) you can check to make sure you're still opted in. Also you just might not be getting qualified for things. 

If you mean special offers from your actual lender who issued you the card, then thats a different story. Some lenders just dont dish out special offers to current cardholders.

Edit: https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t   (website to opt in/out) 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the one has nothing to do with the other so your fine.  You will still get mail and online offers

Message 3 of 5
etothejomegan
Valued Member

I also want to find out about those special offers for your existing card. For example sometimes Chase sends stuff like swipe your card this many time this month for a one time $25 or something.

Message 4 of 5
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

It's less of an issue these days as websites get more evolved, but I had all my cards on paperless statements a few years ago and missed tons of offers. I'd call in after learning about it and was told I'd find it included in the envelope with my statement. I'd explain I had paperless statements and 99% of the time the response would just be a dazed "well it should be there, if that's how you get your statement". I had one card that issued the rewards as "checks" That we're on the last page of your statement (like the balance transfer checks they sometimes include). No way to get them from the online statement. Customer service was clueless about it and didn't really care, so I stopped using the card. Lately any offer I've received has been on the website and/or email too, so that's progress.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.