Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pay your paypal card and get punished!

tag
swpopham
Established Contributor

pay your paypal card and get punished!

Had my wife pick up a paypal mastercard, for ebay purchases and anything that the points worked out better for. We had the card for 4 months now and had always paid in full after the statement cut.

month. 1- 450ish

2. 550 ish

3. 3300 ish

4. 853

paid it on full on july 1, went to use the card for 3000 on ebay and it was declined.  had my wife call in and they wanted her to fax in our bank statements for the last 3 months. my wife said **bleep** is this about? they said with the large payments we have held the last 2 months payments. she said you have had junes payment for 6 weeks and july's payment for 2.5 weeks. she said mam you can fax in your bank statements showing it cleared or wait another 20 business days before we release the hold on your account but you are free to use it for 9xx dollars. you have a 5k limit. sara questioned her why we were getting punished for paying our bill? she said we have had ge cards for at least 2 years and have never missed payments on walmart or lowes. the lady on the phone told her we have our own policies and procedures. Sara asked for a supervisor 3 times and got the same response, there is nothing they will do for you... i want a supervisor, they wont help you. okay close the card. okay done.....

talk about some crappy customer service. we have never been treated that bad by GE, i guess its a paypal thing, they closed the bill me later and now we closed the paypal master card. guess paypal wants us to use their service but damn they create some crappy rules

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: pay your paypal card and get punished!

@swpopham wrote:

Had my wife pick up a paypal mastercard, for ebay purchases and anything that the points worked out better for. We had the card for 4 months now and had always paid in full after the statement cut.

month. 1- 450ish

2. 550 ish

3. 3300 ish

4. 853

paid it on full on july 1, went to use the card for 3000 on ebay and it was declined.  had my wife call in and they wanted her to fax in our bank statements for the last 3 months. my wife said **bleep** is this about? they said with the large payments we have held the last 2 months payments. she said you have had junes payment for 6 weeks and july's payment for 2.5 weeks. she said mam you can fax in your bank statements showing it cleared or wait another 20 business days before we release the hold on your account but you are free to use it for 9xx dollars. you have a 5k limit. sara questioned her why we were getting punished for paying our bill? she said we have had ge cards for at least 2 years and have never missed payments on walmart or lowes. the lady on the phone told her we have our own policies and procedures. Sara asked for a supervisor 3 times and got the same response, there is nothing they will do for you... i want a supervisor, they wont help you. okay close the card. okay done.....

talk about some crappy customer service. we have never been treated that bad by GE, i guess its a paypal thing, they closed the bill me later and now we closed the paypal master card. guess paypal wants us to use their service but damn they create some crappy rules

Sorry to hear that is just not good business or customer service...wow i'm in awwhSmiley Sad

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Maybe they are in cahoots with Barclays! Something is in the air. The largest pyt I've ever made to them is $1475- I don't charge much on that cc.
Message 3 of 5
swpopham
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Maybe they are in cahoots with Barclays! Something is in the air. The largest pyt I've ever made to them is $1475- I don't charge much on that cc.

lexie i agree with you on that! I just got it for ebay to use their money for 30-45 days then pif when it came due. now that we are almost done with our jeep build i wont have much need for them anymore.

now back to my monthly amex bcp app............ lol keep your fingers crossed

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 4 of 5
ah12345
Contributor

this is why i sent anything over $1500 payments through my bank if is a new account so they wont hold payments.most banks hold your payment for several days even after it has clear your bank.

Starting Score: 607 (5-3-12) EQ FICO
Current Score:671 EQ FICO (12-15-13);669 TU FICO (12-5-13); 699 (12-2-13) WALMART FICO; 695 EXP FICO (6-24-13)
Goal Score: 700+ Across The Board

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.