Did you mean: 

paying kohls with chase?

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

paying kohls with chase?

is this info accurate. i wish i didnt just send the payment out now =( 

@RyVision wrote:

You're communication with someone with 3 checking accounts (all free) and deposits in 4 banks\CUs........  No mortgage or car loan however.

You kind of just listed reasons you might want to keep the cards open, if you can refrain from using them unnecessarily.

During the BestBuy and Kohls 5% bonus by Chase Freedom (Oct-Dec), you can also pay your Kohls bill at the store with your Chase Freedom and get a 5% reward from Chase for doing so btw.  I'm not sure if that works for BBY however, it may though if paid in store.

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: paying kohls with chase?

@creditnocash wrote:

@RyVision wrote:

You're communication with someone with 3 checking accounts (all free) and deposits in 4 banks\CUs........  No mortgage or car loan however.

You kind of just listed reasons you might want to keep the cards open, if you can refrain from using them unnecessarily.

During the BestBuy and Kohls 5% bonus by Chase Freedom (Oct-Dec), you can also pay your Kohls bill at the store with your Chase Freedom and get a 5% reward from Chase for doing so btw.  I'm not sure if that works for BBY however, it may though if paid in store.

Wait I'm confused.. You want to know if you can pay your Kohls Credit Card with a Chase Credit Card, not a Chase Debit?

Isn't Kohls Credit Card backed by Chase?

1. I don't now any bank that allows you to pay 1 credit card to another credit card by same bank.

2. Why would Kohls/Chase pay the fees to make a payment on their own card?  Many allow debit cards now to pay in store but that wouldn't get rewards right?

Message 2 of 15
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

@RyVision wrote:

Wait I'm confused.. You want to know if you can pay your Kohls Credit Card with a Chase Credit Card, not a Chase Debit?

1. I don't now any bank that allows you to pay 1 credit card to another credit card by same bank.

2. Why would Kohls/Chase pay the fees to make a payment on their own card?  Many allow debit cards now to pay in store but that wouldn't get rewards right?

I don't know any creditor that allows you to pay their credit card with another credit card... O_O

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 3 of 15
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Kohls used to be backed by Chase (around 3 years ago when I got it).  They have since been taken over by Cap 1 (not quite a year ago, and since gave me a CLI LOL).  And no, no one can get a CLI with Kohls right now if anyone is wondering, they're going through a huge rework of their system that's has and will take months, I got my CLI almost moments before that began.  One of the few times (ok, only time) Cap 1 has given me an increase Smiley LOL

And as we all know, BB is now backed by Cap 1 as well (No, I have not had a CLI with them since, store card). 

As a disclaimer, I have not tried the above payment trick yet though I may in Oct if the 5% cash back applies.  However, I know this has to be done in the store.  I have merely heard of many others taking advantage of the offer.  Hope that clarifies  Smiley Happy

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 4 of 15
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

I don't know any creditor that allows you to pay their credit card with another credit card... O_O

Rare in the states but common practice in say South America. You could just pay whatever you wanted with your cards (including other CCs), bringing debt from one place into other. The APR's there are crazy though. You usually encounter cards with 40-99% APR depending on the transaccion type.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 5 of 15
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

Rare in the states but common practice in say South America. You could just pay whatever you wanted with your cards (including other CCs), bringing debt from one place into other. The APR's there are crazy though. You usually encounter cards with 40-99% APR depending on the transaccion type.

Ouch...lol. Sounds like APR at FP bank...

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 6 of 15
ReBuildingAgn
Regular Contributor

I managed a Kohl's 2 years ago and you are NOT allowed to pay your bill with a debit or credit card. If memory serves, the registers no longer even give the cashiers that option. There was a time that one could buy a gift card first with their credit card, then use to GC to buy the Merch.
;Starting Score: Low 500s FICO Aug 2008
Current Score: EQ 668 EX 723 TU 723 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 720s Across the Board! Almost there!

Cap1 NHR ($1250), GE Rooms2Go ($4k), WalMart Discover ($3250), Barclay's Rewards MC ($2k), Amex BCE ($5K), Kohl's ($1K), Chase Freedom ($3K), Discover More ($1K)
Message 7 of 15
ReBuildingAgn
Regular Contributor

Typo. I meant you could buy a GC with you debit or credit card and then use the GC to pay your bill. I would suggest getting the GC first as this method is also frowned upon.

Cap1 NHR ($1250), GE Rooms2Go ($4k), WalMart Discover ($3250), Barclay's Rewards MC ($2k), Amex BCE ($5K), Kohl's ($1K), Chase Freedom ($3K), Discover More ($1K)
Message 8 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

@RyVision wrote:

AFAIK Kohl's is backed by Capital One.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 15
ReBuildingAgn
Regular Contributor

Yes it's backed by Capital One now.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.