Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paying kohls with chase?

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: paying kohls with chase?

thats why i was confused. 

my assumption was that they took payment as a sale. 

not sure though. 

i have not gone into the store too ask or anything but it would be a benifit for the 5% cash back and nothing else. 

i pif each month so its not a balance transfer issue. 

i was just thrown off that they would allow(or i guess not allow) in this case. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RyVision wrote:

Kohls used to be backed by Chase (around 3 years ago when I got it).  They have since been taken over by Cap 1 (not quite a year ago, and since gave me a CLI LOL).  And no, no one can get a CLI with Kohls right now if anyone is wondering, they're going through a huge rework of their system that's has and will take months, I got my CLI almost moments before that began.  One of the few times (ok, only time) Cap 1 has given me an increase Smiley LOL

Not sure if this is still the case. I just got an Auto-CLI from them in the mail today. It hasn't even hit my CR yet so I know it's fresh.

Message 12 of 15
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@RyVision wrote:

Kohls used to be backed by Chase (around 3 years ago when I got it).  They have since been taken over by Cap 1 (not quite a year ago, and since gave me a CLI LOL).  And no, no one can get a CLI with Kohls right now if anyone is wondering, they're going through a huge rework of their system that's has and will take months, I got my CLI almost moments before that began.  One of the few times (ok, only time) Cap 1 has given me an increase Smiley LOL

Not sure if this is still the case. I just got an Auto-CLI from them in the mail today. It hasn't even hit my CR yet so I know it's fresh.

hmm. idk. what about when you log in online? 

and what was the increase? 

ive had the card since jan. and charged about 800 on 400 limit. mostly pif. and if not only let it report for one month and then was paid off. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, its there. 

Went from 1,400 to 2,000. Had the card since early 2011.

This will probably be a BAD thing for me. Kohl's is a weak spot for me and the missus. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 15
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep, its there. 

Went from 1,400 to 2,000. Had the card since early 2011.

This will probably be a BAD thing for me. Kohl's is a weak spot for me and the missus. Smiley Happy

That may have played a part in the CLI   Smiley LOL

Congrats though!   There is a slim possibility that like mine, it was in the system to be CLI'd and since you didn't call in to ask about one, they just auto'd it.

When I called in about mine months ago, the CSR said it was already approved to get a CLI to 1k (was at 300), no SP or HP involved, just that I inquired.  That's why I'm wondering if yours was there waiting to be asked for, but when you didn't, it just clicked over (you are a good customer after all lol).  I like Kohls too actually, esp for clearance Smiley Very Happy  Got my Kohls Charge January of 2009, never a CLI while under Chase.

Have to admit, my big, fat, wild shopping spree that nearly filled my trunk, left a highest balance ever reported at about 185 bucks  Smiley LOL  99% clothing maybe a pair of sunglasses.  No kidding, 5 huge bags, major seasonal markdown plus my discount.  The receipt said something like "Congratulations, you saved 1546.75 today!"  I should have framed that receipt.  Smiley LOL

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.