Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paying off CC question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

paying off CC question

DH has a cap1 card that he is making min payments on.  we want to pay it off (and possibly close it??) we both just got approved for the 99/500 BOA card.  since we are planning on a) PIF on the 99/500 every month and b)PIF the cap1 (which is at $250 right now)    should he pay off cap1 with BOA and then pif boa when statement comes??  i was just thinking, we were going to spend the money anyways..might be a good way to start with BOA.  

i also have a Lane Bryant CC that i was going to pay off--im thinking of doing the same with my BOA card.

new to the boards..ive been lurking.  trying to buy a house!!  our scores are in the low-mid 500s and we need to get to atleast 580 to get our mortgage.  thanks!!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Marvintran
Regular Contributor

Re: paying off CC question

No dont closed it, its not always a good ideal to closed a CC unless it have a high AF or monthly fees,

it will lower your ult. If you dont use it often just sock drawer it and may be give them a ring and see if

you can get them a CLI.  
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.