Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payments not posting...

tag
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

payments not posting...

when i get my credit cards i set them up thru my bank to be paid. before i start sending payments to them i send test payments of $1-$5 to make sure its going to the right place. when checking my credit report today i noticed that 2 of my credit cards are showing those "test" payments insted of  my real payments will this hurt my credit and should i get them fixed? 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Re: payments not posting...

im not sure i understand,,, when did u send the payments? and what cards r we talking about? was this b4 the statement or after?

Message 2 of 7
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@dalebb wrote:

im not sure i understand,,, when did u send the payments? and what cards r we talking about? was this b4 the statement or after?

it was before the statement way before the due date. i send test payments for only like $1 incase i did something wrong when setting up online bill pay. but those $1 are showing up insted of my real payments

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 3 of 7
dalebb
Valued Contributor

showing up online with the CC's? how many days apart did u make the payments? and again what cards r we talking about?

Message 4 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

when i get my credit cards i set them up thru my bank to be paid. before i start sending payments to them i send test payments of $1-$5 to make sure its going to the right place. when checking my credit report today i noticed that 2 of my credit cards are showing those "test" payments insted of  my real payments will this hurt my credit and should i get them fixed? 

I think if its the last payment you made before the statement closing date thats what they go with. I don't believe it hurts your credit because I don't think your recent payment history shows on your TL on the CR.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 7
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

I think if its the last payment you made before the statement closing date thats what they go with. I don't believe it hurts your credit because I don't think your recent payment history shows on your TL on the CR.

+1 - 

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 6 of 7
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

+1 - 

+2

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.